PDA

View Full Version : Mihec 358395 HBWC

Charlie Two Tracks
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I am on the list for the next run of this mold and I was wondering how people who got this mold, like it. I did a search and read the 13 pages of the first run of this mold but I haven't been able to get much on how it shot. I know the mold worked great but .......... was there any problems when shot. thanks.:Fire:

BCall
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I didn't have any problems, mold worked great and dropped at exactly .360. It did not shoot quite as well as the swaged HBWC's that I had used, but I think it is my load. The swaged ones are softer than the ones I cast, as I had only WW to cast with. I think I need to bump up the load a bit and it would improve, but have not got back to it yet. I don't remember specifics, but it was only slightly less accurate, but I know it can be improved. I lubed both grooves as well, next time I think I will only lube one.

Other than that the only trouble is its a heavy bugger to cast for long. Billy

EDK
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
It shoots real good with everything I've tried in assorted 357 Original Size VAQUEROS. I used 3.5 or 2.8 of TITEGROUP so far, sized to .358, lubed with a combination of LLA, JPW and some carnuba red from LARS, in 357 brass. No leading with 50 rounds.

Problem is I'm 20 miles south of Saint Louis MO....AND it's cold! AND my range is on a hillside and snow covered. I have a 5/8 nylon rope stretched between trees so I can get up and down hill without falling. I've got a recently acquired 24 inch MARLIN 336A I'd like to shoot, but carrying it down there isn't a real good idea for now.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

HeavyMetal
01-15-2011, 08:34 PM
weather and work has gotten in my way of testing this boolit in my S&W 52 I got one to cast 358 and sized the boolits .357 for the 52 and only lubed one groove.

Adding a green dot sight took a little while as well but she is set up and bore sighted.

So I might get out this weekend.

I also think alloy is going to play a great part in how this boolit shoots and I'm thinking the softer the better but we'll see.