PDA

View Full Version : How to define a good day?

armoredman
01-13-2011, 01:59 AM
I decided about 10AM that today was a fine day to cast a short run. I am a very slow small volume caster with a 2 banger 356 124 Lee and the NOE 5 cavity for the 129 grain rifle boolit. To make a long story short, both molds worked perfectly, (preheating the NOE on the stove again!), and two small piles of sized and lubed boolits now sit on the loading bench waiting to be used... Ah, productivity, who knew it could be for something other than work! :smile:

geargnasher
01-13-2011, 02:23 AM
I woke up this morning, still healthy. That's pretty good right there. Kissed my wife, even better. Did the morning routine, went to work, earned some money, came back home, had supper and played with some gun stuff. Nobody car-bombed me or anyone in my town, I didn't get shot at or spit on for my beliefs, no one invaded my home while I was gone. I generally enjoyed the American Way of Life today.

Thanks Vets.

Gear

HighHook
01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
+1 Sounds like the day i had also.

Hope the AZ shooter isn't going to ruin gun rights for all us good hearted, Hard working Americans...

Shiloh
01-13-2011, 06:59 AM
There are countless ways. Time spent with good friends and family leads the list.
A day at the range is high in the list as well.

Shiloh

XWrench3
01-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Ah, productivity, who knew it could be for something other than work!

well, the people making those 4, 5, and 6 cavity molds know that production is not just for work. i love 6 cavity molds. i think every bullet mold should be available in 6 cavity. i enjoy casting, but i enjoy making a lot of bullets in a short time more than i do the other way around. i realize that for certain bullets, you do not necessarily need 500 bullets per session. but if i can spend a couple of hours making either a big pile of bullets, or a couple of hours and make a small pile, i would rather it be a big pile every time. less time casting, means more time for other things.

Doc Highwall
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Any day I can get out of bed with out too much pain.

casterofboolits
01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Any day I can get out of bed with out too much pain.

+1. At this point, any day above ground is a good day. :bigsmyl2:

mdi
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, I woke up this morning rather than "coming to". I had a buddy that always stated when asked how he was, "I'm vertical, which is good".

Jim
01-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Breathing, conscious, ambulatory and rational.

Harter66
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Upright with a pulse is a great start.
Kisses from the Mrs.
Hugs from the kids.
No mayhiem within 10 miles of me rounds out a good one.
Playing with any of the outdoor gear makes it great.

armoredman
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
mdi, that's one I use, but with a twist.
"How are you?"
"Vertical, but moving to horizontal later tonight."

mdi
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
mdi, that's one I use, but with a twist.
"How are you?"
"Vertical, but moving to horizontal later tonight."

Good one![smilie=l: Unfortunately, my friend is no longer vertical, lung problems from Agent Orange laid him horizontal...

10 ga
01-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I judge if it has been a "good day" at the end of the day.
Not arrested or "detained for questioning", not in the ER or hospital, not in morgue or funeral home, no "papers" served, sitting down with a brew and watching the light fade, it's a good day! I could add stuff to make it better, but that's a good day. Retired and lovin it. 10

bigboredad
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
any day I get up and can still walk and my hands still function is a good day the rest is just a bonus

94Doug
01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Didn't Red Skelton say something like "if I wake up and there aren't flowers around me, it's a good day"

Doug

10 ga
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
As per my post, #13, yesterday, today was a good day! 10

woodyubet
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Any day I can send with my grand daughters leaves me with a smile all night.

Chihuahua Floyd
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Coffee,
Wife made eggs, sausage and Grits, painted a house for a recently widowed friend.
Supper out with same friend and wife.
Yeah, its been a good day.

DeanWinchester
01-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, the day's over. My head is still attached as is all five appendages. I'm not hungry and I still have beer in the fridge. YEP! It's been a good day.

ghh3rd
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Another day closer to 24 yrs sober -- wasted too many years that could have been used for something more productive, like reloading and shooting! :)

blackthorn
01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
As long as I and those around me are looking at the grass from the green side (white today--there is snow over the grass)!!!!!

trk
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
One old timer said before he opened his eyes, he'd reach one arm up and if he couldn't feel the coffin it was going to be a good day.

Another mentioned any day his feet hit the floor (getting out of bed) and his nose didn't follow was a good day.

For me? When the round blew up before the bolt closed, opened up my hand to display two tendons - it was a GOOD day! BECAUSE I could have lost half my hand, I could have been sitting down and lost half my face. Only six stitches. Still recovering, but it was a GOOD day. (Thanks Lord!)