PDA

View Full Version : Dumd question

starmac
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
What is C@R and what is a C@R eligible gun.

45nut
01-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Curio & Relic.. the ATF has a pdf link on the right side of this page:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/

starmac
01-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks. From what I read, the only reason to have a C2R liscence is to keep from paying an ffl holder the fee on the elgible guns. Since you can't deal in antique guns doesn't this liscence do more to hamper a citizen than help.

Uncle Grinch
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM
The C&R FFL allows an individual to "collect and purchase and receive" BATF C&R firearms without going through a FFL 01 dealer. It is not intended to allow you to deal in firearms as a profit or business. It's for your personal collection only.

troy_mclure
01-13-2011, 02:10 AM
it also gives you steep discounts from midway, brownells, and many others. its also nice to have guns shipped to your door.

Dannix
01-13-2011, 02:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken, it also lets ATF ignore your 4th Amendment rights.

Edit: I'm not saying getting C&R license is a bad idea, but as much of the whole picture as possible needs to be considered before making a decision.

starmac
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
After I read up on it some, it is not something I am interested in even though it would be nice to not have to go through an ffl when shipping.

troy_mclure
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it also lets ATF ignore your 4th Amendment rights.

Edit: I'm not saying getting C&R license is a bad idea, but as much of the whole picture as possible needs to be considered before making a decision.

how so?

they have to make an appointment to look over your books, and only those guns on the books, once a year max.