PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Red Dot

robertbank
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I want to mount a red dot sight on my Puma Rossie. I have one mounted on my Beretta Storm and reallly like the sight. Great for old eyes.:mrgreen:

Any suggestions on how best to go about mounting the sight? Mounts etc. The sight I am looking at is the Vortex Sparc. It comes with mounts for a picatiny rail.

Take Care

Bob

AnthonyB
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Robert:
I asked the same question and got no responses. I'll be watching your thread with great interest!
I'm afraid we will need the help of a gunsmith or machinist.
Tony

northmn
01-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I mounted a Red Dot on an old Turk military rifle using a Weaver mount. The Tasco red dot had a lot of raves for its price in Midway and I have two of them that worked. Shot deer with them. On targets they might be a bit wanting as to dot size and color. Some like green for targets. In order to mount it on the Weaver mount whcih should fit the Rossi, I had to use a chain saw file to file in a notch so that the short spacing of the mount would fit. Others have mentioned doing that. I would look at other Red Dots that fit a Weaver, but if you insist on the pictiny mount I have no idea.

DP

fecmech
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
If you have new Braztech Rossi's with round barrels they are D&T'd under the rear sight leaf for a scout type scope mount . Taurus sells them direct or you can buy them from Bus gun shop.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rossi+92&osCsid=g1ljoqr1o6di42pl23bptq26q7&x=18&y=3
I have a cheap pistol scope mounted on mine right now for load development.

robertbank
01-12-2011, 11:26 PM
If you have new Braztech Rossi's with round barrels they are D&T'd under the rear sight leaf for a scout type scope mount . Taurus sells them direct or you can buy them from Bus gun shop.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rossi+92&osCsid=g1ljoqr1o6di42pl23bptq26q7&x=18&y=3
I have a cheap pistol scope mounted on mine right now for load development.

Great!

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for them. Canada Post will be delivering the gun on Friday or I get my postage back. Coming from P.E.I. and I am on the other side of the continent.

Take Care

Bob