PDA

View Full Version : I got the bestest wife ever.

Skipper488
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Some of you may have seen my earlier posts about the difficulty I was having with the muffin tins I tried to use to pour ingots from my smelting. Well my wife came out to my reloading room the other day and saw one of the muffin tins that I had half destroyed and still had some lead stuck in what was left of it. She asked what happened and after she laughed at me for a while she left and came back from her kitchen with two of the cast iron corn ear shaped corn bread pans. She asked me if those would work any better. I assured her they would but I didn't want to take any of her tools away from her. She just said she prefered to make the cornbread in her cast iron skillet and that these would go to better use with me.

I love that woman.:redneck:

Walter Laich
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
That's great news--hang on to her

Jim
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes, Sir, Skipper! That's a good 'un! Take her out to dinner ASAP!

SBH4628
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Done that years ago,,,Now I can't find the muffin pan I stole from her.

mold maker
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
My wife and my toys, are a don't ask, don't tell, situation. She don't ask, and I sure don't volunteer to tell.
I do buy her new replacements for what my casting hobby demands, and she enjoys shooting the fruits of my labor.
I think after 49 years, I'll just keep her.

Jailer
01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
You have to use the teflon coated muffin pans. I found that out the hard way.

Skipper488
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
You have to use the teflon coated muffin pans. I found that out the hard way.

I figured that out the hard way. I'm sure the cast iron ones will work just fine.

Cowboy T
01-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Actually, I find the non-Teflon-coated ones work somewhat better. Got two of 'em--stamped metal--one with coating and one without. Muffin ingots drop equally well from either one, and the non-coated one doesn't show the "bubbles" at the bottom of the muffin ingot the way the Teflon coated one does.

FLDad
01-13-2011, 10:37 AM
If you lube the muffin pan by rubbing beeswax on the bottom, then spray it with olive oil or crisco before you pour the ingots, will your cast bullets come out of the mold pre-lubed? Just sayin'...

old turtle
01-13-2011, 10:45 AM
How lucky can you get. But then again, maybe she just wants to keep you in the reloading room.