PDA

View Full Version : All to be politicaly correct

Shooter6br
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
See copy of how Ruger wants you to secure your gun..........:veryconfu

98Redline
01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
This is to get around the laws in the states where an integral gun lock is required.

I would rather have this type of corny documentation and a long shackle padlock as opposed to an integrated locking mechanism.

Snyd
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
It's a CYA measure in our over the top politically correct, litigious society.

Shooter6br
01-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Besides It is a good lock for my tool shed LOL

winelover
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Besides It is a good lock for my tool shed LOL

Hope it's better than the one Marlin provided with my 1894. Used it one season in the woods on a treestand and had to cut it off. Kroil didn't even work!

Winelover

S.R.Custom
01-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Why would you lock your Marlin to the tree stand all winter?

Char-Gar
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I have been using an ordinary padlock to secure a DA sixgun (when needed) for 50 years. Just snap the shackle in the trigger guard behind the trigger. The trigger or hammer won't come back far enough to cycle the action. I do wrap the shackle and lock with electrical tape to prevent damage to the guns finish.

winelover
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Why would you lock your Marlin to the tree stand all winter?

Didn't lock the Marlin to the treestand only used the crummy padlock that came with it to secure the stand to the tree. On the order that Shooter6 suggested for his tool shed.

Winelover

ReloaderFred
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I know of a gunshop that has roughly 100 of those little padlocks on the roof, where customers have thrown them after they walk out the front door with their new purchase.

They have their place, it's just not in my house, where there aren't any kids and no uninvited guests. The gun safes take care of most of them.

Hope this helps.

Fred

NSP64
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Didn't lock the Marlin to the treestand only used the crummy padlock that came with it to secure the stand to the tree. On the order that Shooter6 suggested for his tool shed.

Winelover

I think this was the intent of the gun haters. Lock up your gun, lock rusts solid in short time, can't use gun!!!! LOL

targetshootr
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Warning labels are everywhere.

http://www.mysafetysign.com/img/lg/s/follow-instructions-danger-sign-s-4180.gif

Doc Highwall
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe if the off duty cop who left his gun home when he went to the store last week had did this, his son would not have been able to use it to kill the people with it.

home in oz
01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
So if you locked your Marlin to a tree stand all winter, you musta had the stainless version with a pressure treated wood stock? ;+)

Any problems with frost forming in the magazine?

spqrzilla
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I personally do not like trigger locks at all. So when it is appropriate to lock, I prefer to lock through the action of semi-auto's and through the frame of DA revolvers as illustrated.

The only exception is that if I'm transporting a firearm in the passenger compartment of a vehicle (such as when I've got all my hunter education rifles) I lock a big bright yellow trigger lock on it. The only purpose being a bright colored symbol to calm down any LEO who might see it.