PDA

View Full Version : A Source For A .360 - .362 Barrel Blank???

klcarroll
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Because I enjoy shooting my Webleys, I load a fair amount of 38/200; ...And I have been thinking that it would be fun to have a nice, quiet, little single shot "Bunny Carbine" in that caliber. (HEY! .......A guy's toys don't ALWAYS have to make sense!);)

The big problem is the nominal .361" groove diameter required for this project.

Does anyone know of a source for such a tube? .......Or suggestions on how to rework an existing .358" blank??

Kent

fireball168
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
If you could get away with a "standard" bore diameter, have one of the various reboring outfits cut the groove diameter to your desired specifications.

klcarroll
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
If you could get away with a "standard" bore diameter, have one of the various reboring outfits cut the groove diameter to your desired specifications.

Hmmmm.............

Since this guy will NEVER see anything but my cast Boolits, I don't think that a standard bore would be a problem; ....As long as the groove diameter was appropriate for a .363" cast Boolit. (It would just be AGRESSIVE rifling, ......right?)

I am going to shuffle off now and do some "searches" for info on Reboring Companies; ......But if anyone has a favorite, I'd like to hear about your experiences!

Thanks Fireball.

Kent

fireball168
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Bore reamers aren't as expensive as what I thought they were.

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/products/reamers/bore.htm

Might be worth doing it right, may be other folks out there to share the tooling expense.

Molly
01-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I think Lester McFarland, of Highland Technologies, in Mt Orab, OH has a 36 caliber barrel laying around his shop that he was going to make a ML out of. Might check with him. Email him at <lester@highlandtech.biz>

klcarroll
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Molly!

I sent Lester an email.

Kent