PDA

View Full Version : So many topics

Charlie Two Tracks
01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm glad there is so much information on this site but it can be intimidating. I keep finding new sections and more information. I have to watch myself and not get too much at one time and forget what I just learned. I want to click on paper patching but I haven't done it yet. Who knows what I will find there! I thank all who have contributed their experiences here. It's GREAT! (the new caster)

Cherokee
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
There is always new stuff to learn, even after 50 years of casting and reloading. This is a grat place that I wish was available when I started.

45nut
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I actually haven't added any new area's in some time,, it was last year even!

And I am generally pretty reluctant to add/divide area's, it has to be a pretty convincing argument.

Just sayin'.

btroj
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Key is to start with one or two cartridges and go slow. Test, try, learn. Don't be afraid of failure, itis a great teaching tool.
I loom at many areas here just to see whet is going on but I will most likely never try them. Paper patching and swaying key amongst them. The seating stuff is amazing to me, jut not my cup of tea. I just like to see what people who are free thinkers are coming up with. 40 s w cases as a jacket? Wow.

troy_mclure
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
i was a member on here for some months before i bought my first cast boolits manual, i was disappointed by the lack of useful information it contained compared to this site.

xr650
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
I was reading the paper patching and swaging forums for a while.
I had to quit as I am getting spread to thin. Have to stay focused on what I have going now. [smilie=b:
These will come later.

Ohio Rusty
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
You've only scratched the tip of the iceberg. Just wait until you start hanging out for hours at a time in the archives !!
Ohio Rusty ><>

6.5 mike
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
That's how I got started here, looking for info on a krag & 91 mosin. Did that ever get away from me LOL.

01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Cast Boolits is the only forum that I visit.

In the beginning, I spent months reading through the archive and stickies.

Now, there are sub-forums that I visit throughout the day, others that I visit just a couple times a week, while some I purposely avoid (paper patching and swaging are of no interest, at least not now, and I don't discuss religion and politics on Internet forums).