PDA

View Full Version : Tip ... Lee 3 Hole Turret Primer Catcher

John Boy
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Misc/DSC00238.jpg

It's nothing more than a cut down plastic cup with a hole large enough to go down over the ram. The pan is the same concept as the ones on the RCBS press. Works great
Without the 'catcher' the primers slid down the slot in the ram and straight out onto the floor. Now they go right into the cup :D

Yes, they are new primers. Bought cheap, a mess of 30-30's that were primed with CCI LR's. I'm in the process of reforming a 100 for the 8.15 x 46R (32-40) caliber

AZPaul
01-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Thx I'll try it.

mooman76
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
I'll try it too' Someone here talked about putting a straw in the slot below the shell holder to help guide them down which it does but once they get down in the other slot they don't always come out staright to the bucket I got underneath.

Russ in WY
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
JB , that maybe happening because you don't have the primer seating arm in place. I had the same problem on the Lee Classic Cast single stage . I was priming off press. I solved the problem by cutting a tongue depressor to cover the opening left by not having the priming piece installed. just trimmed it to a nice friction tight fit. Keeps the spent primer in the ram & down the center in to the tube. I have the Lee Classic 4 hole sys , but have the primer arm in place on it. My2¢ Russ.

John Boy
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
JB , that maybe happening because you don't have the primer seating arm in place. Russ, seater in or not in place the primers still will ride down the the ram slot and go to the floor instead of into the bottom of the press. The plastic cup completely eliminates this and catches every one

mooman76
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I've been having the same problem as JB. On the older turret presses the primer goes down inside the press and should fall out the bottom which it does but also has things that they get caught on and don't always fall out the same. I thought about adding a hose like the newer Lee presses but I couldn't see how to make it work the way the press is designed. This little tray idea should solve the problem.