PDA

View Full Version : Got my Hornady LNL AP!

Xfire68
01-09-2011, 04:13 AM
I have had it on Layaway for the last 2 months as it was the Holiday season and I did not want to spend that much on myself right away. I went and picked it up from Cabelas a week or so ago and it is just fantastic! Got it at a great price as well $339.99 on sale and a discount coupon!

I also have a Lee Classic Single stage press as well as a Lee 4 Hole Turret press. I am not lacking in the press department at all!

Last night I ordered the Auto Case Feeder to go on it as well! I don't really need it for my reloading although it will be nice I bought it because I sell a bunch of range brass that I buy. I sell the calibers I don't load and I de-prime them before I tumble them in Stainless steel media, water and soap. This will cut down my time at the bench dramatically and I will be able to sit down instead of stand which is hard for me to do.

Can't wait to really give it a run! I have de-primed about 10,000 rounds so far and it is super smooth!

Frosty Boolit
01-09-2011, 07:57 AM
If something should break, the warranty and the people at Hornady are first class.

farmrboy
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Never heard of stainless steel media. Where do you get it? I've had my LNLAP fr two yrs now and other a little tweaking on the primer feed when I first got it, haven't had any problems with it. Their cs is great. I live 90 mi from the Hornady plant and stop by for parts when in town that were my fault for breaking, and have never had to pay for anything.

deltaenterprizes
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I am waiting for my Projector shellplates to return from Hornady for modification to fit my LNLAP.
Got screwed by Cabellas on my press, quoted one price on the phone and charged another when I bought the press.

Hardcast416taylor
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Got my Pro-7 the first year they made them. I upgraded it to the Pro-Jector when that upgrade became available. I needed a bit of help adjusting the timing from their customer service, been great since. I don`t prime on the press, don`t trust the prime station. I took the case eject mechanism off also, would mess up and throw a loaded round across the room, never could get that working right. I wore out the auto powder drop, first style they offered, never tried the later styles. I like the press the way I have it, even have convinced some Dillion shoppers to get a Hornady.Robert

deltaenterprizes
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I have one of the original Pro-7s serial number 700 that has been upgraded also. I wanted the priming and auto eject to work so I decided after about 25 years to upgrade!
I think I am going to do away with the lock n load bushings in the press by making some 7/8-14 bushings to fit the press.

*Paladin*
01-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Congrats! I'm jealous! I've been wanting a LnL AP for a while now...

Xfire68
01-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Never heard of stainless steel media. Where do you get it? I've had my LNLAP fr two yrs now and other a little tweaking on the primer feed when I first got it, haven't had any problems with it. Their cs is great. I live 90 mi from the Hornady plant and stop by for parts when in town that were my fault for breaking, and have never had to pay for anything.

It is stainless steel pins that you put in a rotatory tumbler with soap and water.

You can not get brass cleaner then this! If the brass is de-primed the primer pockets and the inside of the cases are cleaned as well. I know some don't care if the inside of the cases are clean or not but primer pockets I think should be at least from time to time.

Just so you know right off the bat you can not use this media in a vibratory tumbler.

This media never wares out either! Buy it once and you have it for life!

.45 ACP cleaned
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/Ledge68/IMG_0272.jpg

Stainless pins next to a 9mm case.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/Ledge68/102_0441.jpg

Xfire68
01-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Oh and thanks for the congrats guys! I am really looking forward to trying this baby out!

Now I just need to get the rest of my boolit making equipment so I can crank out some lead loads![smilie=w:

oldhickory
01-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I like mine! It's one heck of a great press! I've loaded .30 Carbine, .38Spl, .44Mag, .44Spl, and .45Auto on mine so far. Soon .223!...(after I prep all the cases).

thehouseproduct
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
It is stainless steel pins that you put in a rotatory tumbler with soap and water.

You can not get brass cleaner then this! If the brass is de-primed the primer pockets and the inside of the cases are cleaned as well. I know some don't care if the inside of the cases are clean or not but primer pockets I think should be at least from time to time.

Just so you know right off the bat you can not use this media in a vibratory tumbler.

This media never wares out either! Buy it once and you have it for life!

.45 ACP cleaned
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/Ledge68/IMG_0272.jpg

Stainless pins next to a 9mm case.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/Ledge68/102_0441.jpg
OK, you sold me. Where can one buy this media at a reasonable price?

Xfire68
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
OK, you sold me. Where can one buy this media at a reasonable price?

It is only for rotatory tumblers. Is that what you have? Just want to be sure? It does not work in vibratory type tumblers.

Rotatory tumblers cost (For good ones) between $160 to $200. Just wanted to give those that may have misunderstood my post a heads up.

Here is the link. Just call the 800 number and talk to Kathy and let her know what your needing it for and they will take care of you. There is a minimum order of $25 without shipping. I bought 10lbs of it thinking I would need more then the 5-6lbs that is need for most rotatory tumblers but, unless I buy a second tumbler (Maybe) I don't see me using it! LOL

http://www.pelletsllc.com/