PDA

View Full Version : reloading Software?

buck1
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi guys/gals.
I am thinking about getting some reloading Software. Are ther any programs out there that can estimate pressures? Recomendations?? Thanks in advance!!...Buck :popcorn:

Photoguy67
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I am interested in this as well.

woodyubet
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Try Lee Precision, they have a good one from what I hear.

Doc Highwall
01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Check out this site.
http://www.6mmbr.com/Quickload.html

rjrivero
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Check out this site.
http://www.6mmbr.com/Quickload.html

Another vote for quickload. I don't know how I ever loaded without it!!

Gelandangan
01-09-2011, 06:19 AM
load from a disk-is another one.

AZ-Stew
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them. Not too long ago someone on this board told me that a load I posted was way too hot. His software told him so. I've used this load for years and it's a currently published load on the Alliant Powders web site. His error was 3 grains out of a 19 grain load. THAT, my friends, is substantial. Had it erred on the other side of the scale, it could have destroyed a gun and injured some folks.

Thanks, But I'll stick with the published data.

Regards,

Stew

rjrivero
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them. Not too long ago someone on this board told me that a load I posted was way too hot. His software told him so. I've used this load for years and it's a currently published load on the Alliant Powders web site. His error was 3 grains out of a 19 grain load. THAT, my friends, is substantial. Had it erred on the other side of the scale, it could have destroyed a gun and injured some folks.

Thanks, But I'll stick with the published data.

Regardds,

Stew

Quickload doesn't replace PUBLISHED data. It is a tool to help you predict the outcomes of certain bullets, powder, caliber combinations. It needs to be verified, and you definitely need to work up your loads. Combined with a chronometer, the load data is quite helpful. Of course, there will be some variation, and it does give you the allowances to compensate from the predicted velocities and pressures to those that you actually measure. You can't use the generic values and expect them to be right. As the saying goes, garbage in, garbage out. But if you take time to measure your actual case volumes, bullet lengths, etc, you will have better data.

One thing to keep in mind: Quickload is most accurate with bottle necked case cartridges. When using strait wall cartridges, the data does deviate more from predicted to actual. Keep that in mind.

buck1
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I load a few carts that have NO published data. Thats what I want it for. A starting point .

Ranch Dog
01-10-2011, 03:43 PM
QL against my pressure trace equipment has been very accurate. For a given charge weight producing XXXX velocity, I feel it does a better job than published data because it is firearm, case & temperature specific.