PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs

walltube
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Spoke with Brian at RCBS' Customer Service this morning about my kinetic boolit puller having a physical breakdown. The plastic screw-on collar that holds the collet and case in place shattered. Brian's response to my whining was for me to give him my mailing addy and a FREE replacement collar will be on its' way to me ASAP. Life is good.

I invited Brian to visit "CastBoolits.com" where RCBS products and customer service are given top marks here.

Ya'll be on ya'lls good behaviour now. :)

Walltube

Char-Gar
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Folks who have been around the reloading bench for a while, tend to prefer RCBS when at all possible because of their excellent customer service. Contrast that to Lyman. Taking care of your customers makes good sense and sell products. RCBS is excellent in both their products and customer service. Good business sense.

jballs918
10-30-2006, 05:20 PM
im trying to replace everything piece by piece with rcbs, maybe all except my dies. i really like lee and how easy they are to use,but hands down nothing will compete with thier customer service.

kodiak1
10-30-2006, 06:09 PM
It just out right makes you feel good when they say LIFE TIME WARRANTY and it is.
Ken.

walltube
11-03-2006, 08:07 PM
The part arrived today only four days after my 'phone call to RCBS' customer service.

RCBS,

Brian, if you are lurking here per my invitation to visit CastBoolits, thank you for your speedy and courteous reply to my little dilemma. It's actions like this that keep folks like us buying 'RCBS'. Now, with that said, any chance RCBS may sometime in the future offer some of your moulds in a four cavity configuration?

Oh how some here wish so.... :castmine:

Yours Truly,

Walltube

Ken O
11-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I have the Midway kinetic puller, it has a three piece shellholder with a rubber washer around it. I dont know it the RCBS has the same thing, but throw that shellholder away and use a Lee autoprime shellholder, or a shellholdr that you use in your press. The three piece thing comes apart, a pain to get seated on the case, and the round slips out occasionaly.

DLCTEX
11-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Ken O: I place the three piece cartridge holder in the puller and loosely screw on the cap, then slide the cartridge through the hole in the cap until it snaps into place, then tighten. I have been using the small cartridge holder for both 223 and 30-06 size cartridges without problem this way. If your puller doesn't have the hole through the cap, try placing the holder in position and sliding the cartridge through before installing the cap.:Fire: Dale

versifier
11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I have found to my dismay that replacing the three piece holder with a shell holder puts too much stress on the plastic neck that holds the screw on cap. I killed two kinetic pullers (one older Quinetics and one new RCBS) before I realized my error. RCBS is replacing the latest one. [smilie=1: I liked the idea of putting a bunch of cases in shell holders to speed up the disassembly process, but like many ideas, the theory was great and in practice left a lot to be desired. The few minutes I saved ended up costing me weeks. Live and learn.

walltube
11-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Given the pounding my RCBS tool has endured the past year only a change to a more durable material would provide a longer service life. The weak links are the plastic collar; I wish were a hard aluminium; and the 3 piece aluminium collet.

This tool has been responsible for the disassembly of many hundreds of rifle and pistol rounds. In the months following Katrina I was presented the opportunity to "capture" (lawfully, mind you) :) drowned ammo that would have been otherwise buried in a 100 acre dump. I'm talking cases of .45 ACP and .9mm Para. All new unopened boxes. PMC rounds have a bullet-case sealer that didn't make pulling any easier. RCBS' tool proved a worthy instrument.

Life is good.

Cheers,

Walltube

Catshooter
11-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I bought a used RCBS Ammomaster press at the local gun show, took in home and discovered that it was missing eight small parts.

Called RCBS, explained the situation and they still insisted in mailing me the parts for free. Took four days to get 'em, too.

Cat