PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrrrggg

44man
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Right in the middle of working loads and discussing them with a friend, the wife said the solar heater was not working. I bought the house with one on the roof to preheat water before it goes into the water heater. The water container was empty so I checked at the tank in the basement to find a leak and water behind the drier. I removed the insulation and found the copper lines were leaking.
Since I am an expert on leading and also an expert on plumbing with copper it took little time to replace the bad parts. A little flux like boolit lube, some heat and lead free solder and it was good to go.
Lost time from loading and making the rest I need but it is the plight of the happy home owner! :coffeecom

boomboy
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Bought my house with my wife a couple of years agoe and all a=I can say is I still hate realators! After a new well roof and various **** fixed, not to mention new carpet and paint throughout the house is livable. oh well we are in the woods and could never go back to the city.

44man
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Bought my house with my wife a couple of years agoe and all a=I can say is I still hate realators! After a new well roof and various **** fixed, not to mention new carpet and paint throughout the house is livable. oh well we are in the woods and could never go back to the city.
I agree. Lots of work but all the city folk come here to shoot. I would never give it up.

white eagle
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
yeah seems like when things get going smooth something like that always happens

boomboy
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
I agree. Lots of work but all the city folk come here to shoot. I would never give it up.

Ya I am too addicted to shooting out the back door of my shop when it's cold. It kills me last month we got a foot of snow, whitch isn'n much but it came when all the leaves were still on the trees and now I have more fire wood than I can burn in four or five years! so many trees fell! lost of work but really cheap heat. What they say is true" The man who cuts his own wood warms himself twice." three or four times in my case.