PDA

View Full Version : Gunload Master I have a question

Johnch
10-28-2006, 11:46 PM
First off this is not about here , just asking because this is the same type of Web site set up .
And I don't think anyone from there posts here .

OK on another site I was talking to another guy thru PM's about a joint problem with the Webmaster .

When I got jumped by the Webmaster that runs the site , asking about things that were only talked about in PM's .

Only 2 people should have read the PM's , me and the other guy I was talking to .
Neither of us said anything to anyone else

Can a site using this set up let a Webmaster read other peoples PM's ??

Like I said NOT here , just need to know

Thanks
Johnch

Gunload Master
10-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Short answer is Yes.
All information that is retained on websites such as this (I.E. forums) are stored inside whats called a database. This database contains every piece of information that the website has... It has to in order to work. The only piece of information that is coded so NO ONE can view it is members passwords.. As far as Private Messages are concerned they are stored in the database as well and can be read by the webmaster. So yes, it is possible. Every forum on the internet is setup basically the same way, you just have to trust the person holding the information. If you ask this question on some forums, you might get a run-around answer, but questions like this I will be straight up. Everyone has the right to know.

Johnch
10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Thank you

I will inform others on the other site and quit going there .

Johnch

Dutch4122
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Short answer is Yes.
.................... I will be straight up. Everyone has the right to know.

Thanks for the info. Just one of the many reasons I call this forum home. Straight answers on such things mean a lot to me.

felix
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Does it really make any difference these days, especially after the latest legal rounds to grant unconstitutional powers to those in "charge"? ... felix

Johnch
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Just one of the many reasons I call this forum home. Straight answers on such things mean a lot to me.

How true .
I emailed all those I knew there email address what you told me , then emailed thru the other site , those I could .
Then PM'ed the rest the truth as I know it ( the Webmaster claims other wise )

SO as of 12:24 PM I am no longer welcome there

OH well I wasn't going back anyway :roll: :roll:

Johnch

Bigjohn
10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
I also value straight answers and is one of the reasons this is the first forum I joined. I am a member of one other but hardly ever visit there.

Basically, there is more information in the members (database) to ensure any question put forward will be answered. All this is gained by the members being out there doing it.

:drinks:

John.