PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Member NRA Membership drive

HeavyMetal
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Gentleman:

Yesterday a site member, Jim, gave everyone a heads up that we will be getting a new site member in a few days.

Jim has befriended a family and they have a 10 year old named Jarrett who has huge interest in shooting and hunting.

I understand he's bagged his first deer this year!

Reading the thread Jim posted I realized we could all help steer this young man in the right direction as today's young men and women are tomorrows doctors, lawyers and Congressman.

How great to have a hand in helping them understand that guns, hunting and other out door activities are not crime!

To that Idea I suggested to Jim that perhaps we could take up some donations and get young Jarrett an NRA Lifemembership!

I need to check but I think a Life memebership is still 750 bucks. If enough of us send in a few bucks we could get this kid started in a big way.

Seems to me I didn't get a whole lot of mail when I was 10. What I did get was the Birthday card from Grandma with 5 or 10 bucks in it and recieveing the letter made my day.

Getting a copy of the American Rifleman each month might not be as nice as that letter from Granny, but at 59 I still look forward to it!

So Jim says what a great idea and can I spearhead this thing.

Never done any Honcho work but if you guys think this is a worth while idea I'll do the foot work and make it happen.

Guess I need to contact 45 nut and make sure this is O.K. with him.

I'll also ask him the best way to proceed.

Please stay tuned and thanks.

AZ-Stew
01-03-2011, 05:34 PM
If he's under 18, I believe there is a Youth Life membership that's even less expensive.

Just went to the site and checked:

Junior Life Membership - $550.00
(under age 15 Insights (magazine) only,
age 15 and older magazine choice)

Regards,

Stew

HeavyMetal
01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Good info AZ.

waiting for response from 45 Nut

82nd airborne
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Ill help with what I can.

45nut
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
ok by me. just back online after a week of heck dealing with a isp switch.

Echo
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Count me in - how much?

Bad Water Bill
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
How are we going to handle this one?

Just be careful what you say as the boss is back. :bigsmyl2:

Jim
01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Heavy Metal is the honcho on this. It's his baby and he'll get the feather in his cap for pulling it off.

patsher
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll help too. Let me know when you get it set up.

shooterg
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Just recently the NRA sent out another deal to Life Benefactors enabling them to gift Life memberships for $300 - maybe a local guy could claim him as a "cousin' ? Or easily get him 5 years of Junior membership for $75 ? Those who've posted so far can carry that load, I'm broke from Christmas but I can pledge $15 . Just gimme an address and the kid's name for the memo line on the check !

PS- maybe he'd prefer the American Hunter ! but the Insights mag for kids is pretty cool.

Wayne Smith
01-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Heavy, if you are going to honcho this you need to set up a bank account or some place to deposit checks and post an addy where we can send checks.