PDA

View Full Version : Short Malcolm-Style Scope Mounting Adapter Rail for Browning or Winchester M1885 BPCR

texasmac
12-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Steve Earle is now making an adapter rail to mount a short Malcolm-style scope to Browning or Winchester BPCRs using the existing factory scope mounting holes. For more details see my article on BPCR scopes at the link below. The info on Steve's adapter rail is towards the end.

http://www.texas-mac.com/Searching_for_a_Cost_Effective_BPCR_Scope_Solution .html...

Wayne

Don McDowell
12-29-2010, 01:35 AM
That might come in quite handy if this scope works out and Carol decides she wants to scope her hiwall...

Doc Highwall
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
texasmac, do you have a picture of the Steve Earle scope mount?

Lead pot
12-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Wayne.

I like what you did to your web site.

Well done.

Kurt

texasmac
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Kurt, thanks for the compliment. I'm spending way too much time trying to keep it updated + selling Browning & Winchester BPCRs. Gotta get some quality time behind the trigger.

Doc, sorry, no picture available at this time, but Steve indicated he was planning on posting a photo on his site. It may be there but I have not checked out his site lately. I will have one of the rails shortly to mount a 21" Fecker scope on one of my Browning's. When it arrives I'll take a photo and post in on my site as a part of the article. Will also post a photo of the Browning with the rail and scope attached.

Wayne

Doc Highwall
12-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks Wayne.