PDA

View Full Version : any one use BARRY DARR lube?

jlmomaha
12-29-2010, 12:18 AM
im going to be lubing up 310gr 44 mag pushing them around 1200fps, any one use this stuff?
I really need first hand knowledge on this so please only those that have used it.
leading issues, accuracy issues, any issues?

Please help me out, and as always I am very thankful for any knowledge

jlmomaha
12-29-2010, 12:22 AM
also is it super dirty, and if so is there a cure?

geargnasher
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Copied from your other thread:

If you're going to use it for .44 Magnum, save yourself the bother and just buy White Label BAC and Carnauba Red, gently melt them together 50/50 and pan lube the usual way. You can make lube, but by the time you get finished sorting it all out you won't be able to do it cheaper than buying it from White Label. This is one area of casting that won't save you money to do it yourself unless you need a really marginal, low velocity concoction like Darr lube that you can make from grocery store ingredients.

Gear

jlmomaha
12-29-2010, 02:13 AM
I already msgd, em about how much I need hopefuly tomorrow i hear something, and I also wonder if they take cards?

btroj
12-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Gear is right. Go with white label. I use the carnuba red by itself for everything. Could not be happier.

jmsj
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
jlmomaha,
I have used it in low power target loads when pan lubing w fair results. I have not used it in the exact combo you have listed but have tried it in .45 colt load w/ poor results. The .45 Colt load was a 255 gr RNFP @ about 1000 fps. and it lead fouled near the muzzle. Switched to Felix lube and it turned into a good load.
Good luck, jmsj

mdi
12-29-2010, 12:01 PM
When I try a new mold/boolit or alloy, etc. I'll go with Carnuba Red as a lube. I know if there's any problems, it prolly ain't the lube.

mdi
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
im going to be lubing up 310gr 44 mag pushing them around 1200fps, any one use this stuff?
I really need first hand knowledge on this so please only those that have used it.
leading issues, accuracy issues, any issues?

Please help me out, and as always I am very thankful for any knowledge

If you have slugged your cylinder throats and bore and size accordingly, Darr Lube will prolly work...

Green Frog
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
When I talked to Barry about his lube, I got the impression he had intended it mainly for relatively low velocity soft lead loads for schuetzen rifles. I agree with the previous posters that it will do OK for mild pistol loads but I would go with Alox mixes or Carnauba Red or some such if I were going to drive those rounds very hard.

Froggie