PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CW9

RugerFan
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
My family got me a Kahr CW9 for Christmas. A sweet little carry gun! Anyone shoot cast out of one of these? I haven't slugged the bore yet. Wouldn't you know I had just got rid of my only two 9mm moulds. I shot 60+ rounds at the range yesterday with j-bullets and it functioned flawlessly anyway.

David2011
12-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I hate it when replies have little to do with the question but I'l give it a shot anyway. My CW40 does fine with 180 gr. cast truncated cones. Not exactly the same as a CW9 but it's the same gun with a different barrel and slide. It functions properly and leading is no more of an issue than in my IPSC gun. Neither gets much leading.

David

Beekeeper
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I have one I got about 6 months ago.
I have only shot cast through it using the Lee 356-120-TC and had little or no leading..
It is a sweet shooter.

Jim

RugerFan
12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I hate it when replies have little to do with the question but I'l give it a shot anyway. My CW40 does fine with 180 gr. cast truncated cones. Not exactly the same as a CW9 but it's the same gun with a different barrel and slide. It functions properly and leading is no more of an issue than in my IPSC gun. Neither gets much leading.

David

CW40 is still in the family. Thanks for the info.

I have one I got about 6 months ago.
I have only shot cast through it using the Lee 356-120-TC and had little or no leading..
It is a sweet shooter.

Jim

Have you slugged the bore? Are you sizing to .356"?

fecmech
12-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I had a K9 a few years ago with the polygonal barrel. Very well made pistol and very accurate. I put about 3500 rds of cast Lee 121 TC bullets through it before I tired of playing with 9MM's

bobthenailer
12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
i have a pm9 that shoots cast excellent with minimal leading after 100 rounds of cast
i recently also bought a cw 45 with convential rifling it leads more than the pm9 with poly rifling,
but the bore has some tooling marks, im lapping the bore with lbt bore lap to smooth it out.
also it also has a short throat campaired to my 7 other 45 acps i have to seat the bullet 15 to 20 thousands deeper than the others so the bullet doesent engrave the rifling , but on the other hand its accurate.
out of the 2 kahrs so far ive shoot over 1000 rounds of reloaded ammo with no malfunctions what so ever
i have put 200 rounds of cast through the cw45 since laping the barrel ! problem fixed

fecmech
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
out of the 2 kahrs so far ive shoot over 1000 rounds of reloaded ammo with no malfunctions what so ever

That was my experience with the K9, it fed and ejected everything right from new out of the box!