PDA

View Full Version : Keith in .475 Linebaugh?

harley45
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
2 of my favorite bullets are Keith style one for my .44 and one for my .45 Auto. I bought a gun to have Linebaugh convert to .475 and am thinking about molds. I know everyone likes LFN and WFN designs for this round but why wouldn't a 400 grain keith style without a gas check at about 1000-1100 fps shoot?
Any thoughts?
Thanks Eric

Glen
10-23-2006, 12:11 PM
RCBS makes a mould for a 400 grain Keith-style plain-based SWC, and it shoots very nicely at 1100 fps. Check out

http://www.lasc.us/480Ruger.htm

for details.

44man
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I have tried a bunch of them and never had a lot of accuracy. There are just too many versions and some aren't worth a hoot. I will stick with the LBT styles.

Lloyd Smale
10-23-2006, 05:48 PM
ive had real good luck with the rcbs swc on game and for accuracy. it shot into an inch at 25 in my first .475 and it flys good at long range to boot. Its a dammed good bullet. Frank at Mount baldy has a true keith .475 that he casts. I believe veral will cut you a true keith too he told me hes made them in .475 and 512 so he has the tooling.

harley45
10-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm going to try the RCBS first can't believe I didn't notice that Boolit on the website before it was pointed out to me, I can't wait till my gun is done hopefully in the spring. I also hope they do another Linebaugh seminar in the midwest next year.

targetshootr
10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
What does he do at those seminars? He mentioned last year he would need a bunch of people to attend at $200 per, iirc, to make it worthwhile. Is it a weekend thing?

LAH
10-23-2006, 09:23 PM
475-400-Keith. Ballisti Cast made this mould for the Dry Creek Bullet....Creeker

Lloyd Smale
10-24-2006, 04:04 AM
the seminars are a pretty layed back fun time. I was nervous going to my first one as i knew id be in the company of some of the best big bore handgunners in the world but there was no reason. Nobody looks over your sholder to see if you can shoot or not. Theres just a real good group of friends that will help you with about any aspect of shooting from long range shooting to bullet casting. Mostly just a group of guys that are sharing knowlege and experience. Theres some long range shooting going on, penetration testing is one of the main sidelines. Theres bull sessions, guest speakers, and a chance to meet some of the premier gun builders and people in the gun industry. John puts on a good meal one night to cap it all off. I guarantee you three things at least. You will probably see the nicest collection of big bore guns in one place that youve ever saw, meet some of the nicest people youll ever want to break bread with and once youve gone to one youll want to come back for another.

9.3X62AL
10-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Lloyd--that sounds like a pretty good deal for $200, to me. I'm not a devotee of the Linebaugh caliber line especially, but any time spent with good people and good guns is time well spent.

harley45
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Al hope your retirement is going well. I'm goanna put this rig in the back of my car to use on car struck deer that need to be put down. That should raise some eyebrows!!!!