PDA

View Full Version : Big consignment/estate auction (Illinois)

Kraschenbirn
12-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Received sale bill for this year's Bauer Bros New Year's Firearm Auction a couple weeks ago and just got around to reading through it. Looks like it's going to be another good one and there actually appear to be some moulds/casting equipment among the reloading stuff.

For anyone who might be interested, here's a link to the online sale bill and pics:

http://www.bauerauction.com/pages/JanGunsale2011.htm

They hold one of these every year on New Year's Day and draw folks from all over the country.

If anyone else from Cast Boolits is planning to attend, let me know and maybe we can get together sometime during the day for a cup of coffee.

Bill

MakeMineA10mm
12-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I got the listing too, from an Illinois Auction search site. Really, really, REALLY wish I didn't have to work all weekend... I'd be there for sure, if I was free! We never do anything for New Years anyway. Let me know how it goes, would you? I'll only be able to live going to it vicariously through you... :violin:

Matt3357
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Hmm, I just wish I had money as that is just about 45 mins from my parents house. The only thing I am really looking for is a Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen anyways so oh well. Good luck to you.

Matt

12-24-2010, 12:50 AM
And of course I'm leaving Illinois that day.

troy_mclure
12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
might be good, but a 5day wait on all guns, and out of state residents cant buy.

Kraschenbirn
12-24-2010, 10:40 AM
might be good, but a 5day wait on all guns, and out of state residents cant buy.

The 5-day waiting period doesn't apply to FFLs (including C&Rs) and residents of neighboring states (IN, KY, MO, IA, & WI) can purchase long guns without running the transfer through an FFL in their home state. Pretty much the same rules as any gunshow in Illinois.

Bill

Kraschenbirn
12-31-2010, 04:08 PM
If any others from the forum are planning to attend, my offer to buy the coffee still stands.

Bill

MakeMineA10mm
12-31-2010, 11:29 PM
If any others from the forum are planning to attend, my offer to buy the coffee still stands.

Bill

Really wish I could Bill. Work stinks, but it pays the bills... I really wish I could attend. You going to the regional auction at RIA in March/April? I plan on going to the preview day of that one.