PDA

View Full Version : Talon Mfg

nighthunter
10-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Talon Manufacturing in WV is the only authorized contractor to demil military small arms ammunition. I sent them an email today asking what the story on surplus military powder is. I will post the reply if I get a reply.
Nighthunter

ron brooks
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Ron

versifier
10-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I couldn't get the links on their site to operate.

nighthunter
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Versifier ... I don't think the links are made to work. However, if you do a Google search for Talon Manufacturing you will find some interesting information from other sources. I guess they had a magazine explode in July of this year and an inspector for the govt was convicted in federal court of falsifing inspection records. Alot of other stuff out there also. Maybe this stuff is slowing down the supply chain. No reply from the email yet.
Nighthunter

nighthunter
10-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I recieved a reply to my email to Talon Mfg. Tina Lewis, the marketing and sales manager stated that Talon is reusing the majority of propellants to manufacture ammunition. She also stated that at times this doesn't leave a lot for the surplus market. She said that at times some is available through firms such as Hi-Tech. I thank her for her timely and direct reply.
I suppose this leaves the incineration theory in the dust.
Nighthunter

LAH
10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
They aren't far from here, or at least one of their locations. When they started they have 1000.00 min. order. Last I heard it was now 10,000.00.....Creeker

Shuz
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Talon Mfg is located in W.Va....Senator Robert Byrd(with or without talons) is also from W.Va. You don't suppose there is(was)any connection? Check it out.

LAH
10-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Are you saying Talon is owned by Byrd? Is he getting kick backs? Are Talon's owner or operators in his hip pocket? Tell us or link us to something.

Was he responsible for bringing them here? Perhaps.

I do know the State of WV has trouble getting tax money from them.

Shuz
10-25-2006, 10:29 AM
It may be an "urban legend", but I heard that "relatives" of Senator Byrd own or control the activities of Talon Corp. I was hoping someone who lived close enuf might be in a better position to check it out.

nighthunter
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I remember seeins ads for Talon Ammunition years ago in Shotgun News and other printed sales papers. I didn't ring the connection until I started looking for info on the internet. Talon has been in business a long time. I don't care about the political aspect of it at all. I didn't bring this up to be a political subject. I brought it up because of the postings about surplus powder sources drying up. At least Talon was decent enough to give me an explanation. If you think about it awhile .... ammunition companies are comeing up short trying to fulfill military contracts let alone the civilian market. This is why we have seen the recent price increases in ammunition costs. This includes reloading supplies. I believe that things will eventually settle down a bit and we will once again see the supply chain as it was before. We need to not reach a panic mode. That will only be detremental to all of us.
Nighthunter