PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show- Jan. 2011, anyone going?

mtnman31
12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
I finally made it to my first Shot Show last year and had a great time although, I was only able to be there opening day. I finaggled two days out of work for this year's show.

Would any of you fellow Cast Boolit members like to meet up Wednesday? Nothing fancy, just a few guys getting together for breakfast or dinner. I'm partial to breakfast myself because I am usually an early riser. I was thinking about it the other day and I only personally know one other person who casts. It'd be nice to chat with a few others with common interests. I figure Wednesday, because Tuesday is the first day and anyone who goes on Tuesday is going to be plenty tired. I missed out on an invite to breakfast last year and would definitely like to meet up with some casting enthusiasts this year.

Rocky Raab
12-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I think that was my invite, wasn't it? To a place called The Egg and I? You DID miss out. They serve on trays, not plates.

I hemmed and hawed about it, but decided to go again. I'll be there from Sunday evening until Thursday morning. (Range Day for writers is Monday). Staying at (retch) Circusē again.

ReloaderFred
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm going with several other guys again this year. The plate is full as far as meetings go, though.

You guys need to stay away from those strip hotels! We've stayed at the Tuscany Suites, http://www.tuscanylv.com/ in the past, but found an even better place about 5 years ago, the Desert Rose Resort. For the same price as a strip hotel room, you get a two bedroom suite, full kitchen, 3 TV's, dining room, living room and free breakfast. Here's the link: http://www.shellhospitality.com/hotels/desert_rose/index.html

My biggest concern is the weather right now. My truck was totalled last year when we got hit by a tree (yes, it hit us) between Shasta and Susanville, in Calif.

I just wish they would move the show back to the LV Convention Center and get out of the Sands Convention Center..........

Hope this helps.

Fred

Rocky Raab
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
They're getting right now what they got last year at SHOT: torrential rain and flooding. Range day was simply miserable last year.

I looked into several Suite places and almost chose one - until I got the Circus for $27 a night and the fourth night free. It's a dump, but it's a better dump than the REAL dumps in Vegas. And it has the free bus shuttle, so no expensive parking at the Sands.

I can't wait until they get back to the real Convention Center, also. They're locked into the Sands next year again on a three-year deal.

azcruiser
12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I've been to 14 of them but right now I can't walk around that well maybe next year . Always stayed at the MGM Grand or RIO but in those days the company paid for it . If you get a chance to go take it lots to see and people too meet. Nice to put a face to the name when you later call customer service .

mike in co
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
i'll be there again this year...looking for work or a business...

the rose is great i have stayed there in the past...

will be on tropicana opposite side of the strip...

tues/wed/thur..leave fri am

if ya see me drifting around say hi....at least 2 days with "colorado brass" shirts on...

how did you guys like this years registration process.....????...they are trying to weed out the "lookers" so the sales staff can work on customers ($$$).

mike in co

mtnman31
12-23-2010, 08:45 PM
I need to get busy and get a hotel, I suppose. I figured I would work on the important things first - Shot Show registration, food, theeennn lodging.

Eggs and I is a fantastic place, I make it a point to eat there every time I am in Las Vegas. The show opens at 8:30 each morning so I figure breakfast should be easy and ensure that I have the energy to shuffle around all day.

Rocky Raab
12-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I booked through Orbitz to get that rate, BTW. Direct from the hotel or through SHOT it's $36 to $40 a night. They charge a $28 "Resort Fee" that includes internet access (which used to be $15 a day) regardless of how you book.

mike in co
12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
i have two king singles for three nights......$250 all fees and taxes....total for both rooms...flight is free rental car free...i will have to pay for some food but not all......

all of which is good cause i am broke!

are wee gonna put a time a date to the egg and i breakfast ? wed am what time ??

mike in co

mtnman31
12-25-2010, 12:54 AM
7am on Wednesday work? Anyone that can make it is welcome.

The Egg & I
4533 W. Sahara Ave.

mtnman31
01-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Just a reminder to anyone interested - 7am Wednesday at the Egg & I, 4533 W Sahara. If anyone else plans on being there please shoot me a quick PM or reply on the thread so I have an idea of table size to get.

In order to spot me I will make sure and wear a green polo shirt or, just look for the handsome fellow that has a group of showgirl dancers at the table... :kidding:

Adam10mm
01-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Nope. Wifey is pregnant so I can't go this year. Maybe next year.

Rocky Raab
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm going to be at E&I on Tuesday with my editor, but I'll see if I can swing by on Weds as well (Man, what that'll do to my diet, I can't guess!)

They are predicting record warm temps today - 72. A whole lot better than last year's cold blowing rain!

cbrick
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Yep, rain last year including the Sands Convention Center roof leaking. Bummer!

Was going again this year but breaking my knee several weeks ago kinda put an end to walking around the show for even one day much less the entire show. Oh well, next year I guess. I was supposed to meet Rocky at the "eggs and I" place last year but a group of friends got together on that morning and I couldn't make it. Was really looking forward to it this year.

Besides walking being kinda tough nearly two months with my normal income coming to an abrupt halt . . . well . . .

http://www.lasc.us/piggy_bank.jpg

Rick

Rocky Raab
01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Still on for 7 Wednesday.

mtnman31
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Yep, heading out the door now. Yeah, I know, a little late responding.

Rocky Raab
01-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Mtnman and his delightful better half shared a pleasant breakfast with me. A nicer pair of folks you could not hope to meet anywhere. Just about the high-water mark of my SHOT Show experience this year.