PDA

View Full Version : Auction Hunters

Gary Carter
12-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I hope people are watching the same episode of Auction Hunters I am. They sold a1830's double barrel and a 1840's single barrel for $300 total, both fired. Enough people watch this I may be able to afford an orriginal when they decide they are not worth nothing. But, there expert doesn't really seem to know what he is doing either. As these came out of a storage unit in Califonia and looked in real good condition, I would say they were actually newer guns then what was stated.

mtnman31
12-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I watched an episode of that the other day at a hotel and it was interesting. They found an old pepperbox pistol that they took out and fired at the range. I have always wanted to own my own storage company, seems like a good money maker - very low overhead and people always need to store their stuff. Only thing is that each state has different laws on how they can re-coup their money from the deadbeats. Some states you can only sell off enough of their junk to cover what they owe you in unpaid dues. Other states force them to sell it like they do in the show, as a public auction for the unit.

Interesting idea for a show but I think it is another mind-numbing time killer.
I don't have cable at home so I don't have to worry about getting addicted to watching a show that is a mix of Antiques Roadshow, Pawn Stars, Jerry Springer and American Pickers. ;-)

spqrzilla
12-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Did you see the one where they find a small safe in a storage space, cut it open with a plasma torch and appear to melt the grips and ruin the finish of an HK P7 (although it might already have been in rough shape). My impression was that they took a couple of hundred bucks off the value of the P7 with the plasma cutter.

dragonrider
12-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Opening a safe with a plasma cutter?????????? that's pretty dam foolish,

82nd airborne
12-23-2010, 11:00 AM
It was still worth more than the $225 they got paid for it!