PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Gun Show Report

Bad Flynch
10-21-2006, 08:08 PM
WOW!

Wanamaker's show in Tulsa is a biennial affair, and the fall show is the big shoot-out. 4000+ tables, gobs of guns, tons of accessories. You name it; they have it.

eveready
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Saw on TV news a dealer had an accidental discharge while showing gun to a customer. The round went into the floor and the splatter hit two people. They showed one man being loaded into an ambulance.

sundog
10-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I talked with one of my friends on Sunday. He was there. It happened on Saturday on the lower level of the IPE bldg. The guy doing the shooting was a dealer. Apparently he had been told to put ties on his actions and didn't do it. How a round got in a chamber (.410 shotgun) is another story - not supposed to be any loaded firearms in the bldg. There was another AD about 6-8 years ago (don't which show it was) and at that time, at least at the Wannamacher Shows (touted as world's largest, 10 acres under one roof and it wall to wall firearms and related) all firearms have to be tie-tied -- which means they cannot be loaded. Big signs everyone, no loaded firearms! All well and good because it works well - except in this case when the guy didn't do it. He was told to leave and not come back. If I were one of the fellers hit (there were 2) I'd sue his a$$ off. Probably ought to have criminal charges, too. I've always felt comfortable at the Wannamacher Shows, usually the only ones I attend (April and October), and still do. Too bad it happened and it needs to be dealt with severely. sundog

tom barthel
10-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Saw on TV news a dealer had an accidental discharge while showing gun to a customer. The round went into the floor and the splatter hit two people. They showed one man being loaded into an ambulance.

I don't know how this could happen. Security checks all the firearms. Could a nut case have dropped a round into a chamber and walked away? I bring this up because of the animal rights terrorists out there. I know the dealer will have to take ALL the heat on this and will have to pay damages. Another gun dealer forced out of business. I hope the person(s) hit aren't badly hurt. The anti-gunners are going to have a field day.:confused: :confused:

hydraulic
10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I was at the show also. Saw one guy being taken out on a stretcher. Dealer guns aren't checked when they come in--just required to be tied. Great show otherwise, although I'm afraid the prices have gone up so much I probably won't be buying much in the future.

sundog
10-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Apparently the feller what went to the horsepital was back later, bandaged, and continuing on with his activities. Hooah, a real trooper! The other feller never left, from what I heard. Yea, maybe someone slipped a round in unseen, but that does not excuse the gun not being tied - and the vender's apparent refusal to do so. Now, if that's that case, setting up the vendor by loading one of his guns, then THAT person should be guilty of attempted murder -- if that's what happened and can be proved. Whatever, it needs to be dealt with. Either way, the gun should have been tied. Let's see what happens. sundog

Hydraulic, roger that on the prices!

CT Kid
10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
You ought to see what passes for gun shows on the East Coast!

I have been to 8 shows this year, if I added up all the tables from all the shows there might have been 500 dealers total.

Our prices aren't any less though.

Powderpacker
10-24-2006, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=sundog;113675] There was another AD about 6-8 years ago (don't which show it was)

That was at the Oct. show in 2000. It happened on the upper level. Didn't hear much about it on the news while I was there but I left early Monday morning to head back to Indiana. May have been more news after that.

rockrat
10-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Dealer thought the round was a "snap cap". It was one of the Russian zinc plated 410 shells. Saw the empty and heard him say it. My ears rang for awhile as I was only about 5 steps away from it when it happened. Was on the oppsite side of the tables in 2000 when that happened! Wife wants to ban me from going there, says I have been too close!!
Heard that if he has one more accident there, then his insurance is going to be cancelled. Might be just a rumor, but gonna go back in the spring, just in case. Got one heck of a blister from all that walking.

hydraulic
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Was that AD in 2000 the one involving a glock? I don't remember the year---seems like it was earlier than that. I was only two tables away when a customer handed a loaded glock to the guy next to him. Bullet went through the thigh. Broke the bone. The one this year is the fourth time I've been near an AD at a gun show. Two in Tulsa, one in Lincoln, Ne., and one here in my hometown.

ron brooks
10-24-2006, 09:23 PM
hydralic,

Noting personal, but I have to remember not to go to gunshows with you. :)

Ron

austin10100
12-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I was there this is no second hand info, me my dad my uncle and brother were all watching the guy he wasnt being carful with his gun. he thought it was a clear chamber and like and RETARD he pulled the trigger n an unsafe direction shot a man in the ribs and an old man 70 or 80 yrs old in the head. if u wanna c thousands of ppl drop to the floor at one time thats 1 way to do it. i was no more than 30 feet away and it wasnt a 4-10 i was a rifle round couldnt say what kind but thats the story.