PDA

View Full Version : You might be a gun nut if .......................

Buckshot
12-20-2010, 02:07 AM
If You've ever dabbed a little Hoppe's on your neck before going on a date...

If you bought checkering tools, checkered all your gunstocks and are now starting on the bedposts...

If you cannot really recall just how many guns you own...
Surplus ammunition suppliers call you to see if there was anything you were looking for...
If you bought a gun from a gunshop, only to realize you used to own it years ago...

If you've ever shot out a 1911 barrel.........
If you save brass and have a case tumbler, but don't reload...
If you ever stripped the paint off of your car and then blued it
If you've ever bought ammo for a caliber you didn't shoot, thinking that someday you might own a gun in that caliber...
If your computer passwords are gun related...
If your five-year-old can detail strip and fully reassemble an M-1 Garand............
If you take your guns out of the safe and handle them, just so you can wipe them down before going to bed...
If your local gunsmith calls you for obsolete parts...

If you home-school and use ballistic tables for math lessons...

If your gun safe is bigger than your refrigerator...

If the speedometer on your car is in both m.p.h. and fps...

If you call Brownells and they recognize your voice...

If you own reloading dies for calibers that you do not shoot...

If you understand Smith and Wesson's model numbers...

If you ever bought two different brands of the same bullet just to see which one "shot better"...

If you've ever had to explain "that it's not the same gun it's a variant!"...

If watching the Lion King gives you the itch for a .470 Nitro...

If you cut out your best groups and carry them in your wallet like photos...

If you've ever gone to a gun show three times in one month, and were excited every time...
If you feel that a golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range...
If you ever accidentally seasoned a steak with FFFFg black powder...
If your brass tumbler used to be a small cement mixer...

If you identify the gun on the cover of Dillon's Blue Press before you notice the girl...
If you make $30/hr at work and spent 35 min- on your knees at the range looking for that last piece of .40 brass...
If you have guns in your safes that you can't for the life of you remember how you came by...

If the FBI asks you to identify firearms they can't...
If ammo manufacturers had to layoff workers when you went to Europe for a month's vacation...
If you know the range of every tree in the neighborhood...
If you can tell the caliber of any spent casing just by feel...
If you plead with the gun shop to hold a rifle/shotgun until you have space for it...
If you can't figure out why your non-shooting friends laugh when you say "Bushmaster"...
If you didn't get that last one because you don't have any "non-shooting" friends...
If your driver's license says "must wear night vision goggles."
If your shoulder is callused...
If manufacturers ask you how their rifles hold up.
If you get misty eyed evey time you sell a gun..
If you alternate Silvertips, Hydra-Shoks and Black Talons in your magazines because they look prettier that way..........
If you guess windage and range every time you look at a road sign...
If you went out to the range this weekend to shoot up ammo, just so you'd have some brass to reload...
RCBS answers your phone calls, "What have YOU dreamed up this time?"..............
If you can name the parts of your post-ban rifle you had to (or want to) swap out to make a legal semi auto AW
If someone asks about the president and you think they're talking about Charlton Heston...
If you know the model numbers of your Glocks, how many and what size mags you have, and which are loaded, but have no idea when your anniversary is....
If you've ever had to explain why you need armor piercing rounds to someone...
If you don't know that there is a difference between "the Internet" and "Cast Boolits".
If you have ever run out of gas in your car, but have never run out of ammo before
If you know the serial numbers of your guns, but still get your kids' names mixed up.

If you hold a firearms related record in Guiness book of world records.
If you go to gun shows with a grocery buggy (painted camo of course)
If you had to explain to someone what a "SHTF scenerio" is
If the National Guard calls you when things get a little too hot

If you had a gun rack on your bike when you were a kid
If you know why 30-06 is pronounced "thirty aught six"
If you buy all of your clothes at K-Mart but own some of the most expensive holsters known to man

If your name is on California's AW ban

If you walk up on a conversation about horses and as soon as you hear "colt", you are immediately interested...

If your favorite saint is John Moses Browning.

If your favorite paint color is "Rust Blue".

If you break off on a dissertation on how badly congress screwed Bill Ruger.
If you anticipate another shooting session AS you are putting your guns away at the range.

If you look at Shotgun News the way teenagers look at playboy

If you went to college, but owned more gun manuals than text books
If the national guard armory has your phone number on "call block" because you keep making bids on their WWII artillery piece sitting out front

If you carry a backup gun in case the backup for your backup fails.

If you carry concealed at the beach

If third world arms dealers consider you to be the largest gun runner in the world (but you keep all the stuff for yourself)

If you've filled out more "4473's" than income tax forms

If you have your own VIP parking spot at gun shows.

If you hear someone say "it's about 9:45" and you think to yourself "good grief, the 9mm/.45 debate will never end!"

If you sit through a violent movie and aren't bothered by gory violence, but flinch when someone drops a firearm.

If the above has ever brought tears to your eyes

Buckshot
12-20-2010, 02:08 AM
If you have been banned from a movie theater because you always stand up in the middle of the movie and tell everyone you can't fire 30 rounds from a revolver without reloading.

If you ever took apart your Nintendo zapper and installed custom trigger,laser sight, scope, etc. for Duck Hunt
If you have more firearms than friends
If you have insurance covering your guns, but not you

If the current administration makes your skin crawl.

If you slide your paddle holster on to check your mail.

If you slide your paddle holster on to take out the garbage.

If you find yourself rapidly disassembling/re-assembling your handgun....in the dark.....on the toilet.

If you drive to work with a $1500 Kimber in a $500 pick-up.

If your guns are named names usually reserved for people

If you designed your own caliber and built a firearm to fire it

If you grew up with loaded guns all around you, but it never crossed your mind to shoot up your school.

If you've read the Constitution

If you know the second amendment by heart

If you know the second amendment translated into more than 3 laguages

If you used to have a hill as a backstop, but now it has become a 30 foot high mound of pure lead.

If you make your own reloading tools

If you don't label your reloading powder, because you can hear the difference when shaking the can

If you have ever read an article in the crime section of the newspaper and read "the suspect had over 200 rounds of ammunition", then assumed it was a misprint. who in his right mind would get down to only 200 rounds???

If your CCW is a shotgun

If your CCW is a .50

If your CCW is a LAW

If you find yourself doing trigger and muzzle control while using your wife's glass cleaner

If your girlfriend/wife is jealous of the time you spend with your guns

If your wish list on Midwayusa totals up to the price of a new car

If that new car would be a Bentley

If you own guns you haven't shot yet

If you have a room in your house dedicated to guns

If when someone says "but what if you don't have a gun with you?" and after 15 minutes you still can't comprehend how that would be possible.

If the sound of full auto gun fire makes you feel all warm and fuzzy

If you shook the presents under your tree, and one fired a round out of it.

If you've spent more money at Midway, Brownell's, and Cabela's than the companies are worth.

If your will specifies your favorite firearm(s) to be buried with you.

If the Cast Boolits logo is burned into your monitor.

If you wonder why you must renew your CCW license every year, but your marriage license won't expire.

If someone asks how many guns you have, and the answer begins with "about" (i.e. "about 50 or so").

If you took an ink blot test, and your answers were things like "an AR-15 sear", "bolt release from ruger 10-22", "firing pin from M1911", etc.

If you know you carry 45 caliber 200 grain hydra-shock hollow points from Federal, but don't know the color of your wife's eyes.

If you have ever shot a hole in something by accident

If that something was your TV during an Obama press conferance

If you buy Hoppe's solvent in 50 gallon drums because your howitzer "likes" it

If the gun show owners let you in free.

If you named a dog after a gun.

If you name your kids after your guns.

If you time yourself each time you fill out one of those yellow forms, and you're down to a minute flat.

If NICS put your favorite gun dealer on call block.

If you're only dating/marrying a girl so you can shoot her father's gun collection.

If the wallpaper on your desktop is firearm related

If the wallpaper in a room of your house is firearm related

If you have no wallpaper or house, but live in a dug-out underground bunker to keep your guns safe

If CNN does a report on gun control and shows a table of guns from a gun show, and one of them has your name engraved on the side.

If you carry pictures of your guns in your wallet

If you ever heard gun shots outside your house late at night, but fell into a state of sheer panic because you couldn't decide which gun to grab.

If your favorites list in the computer only has one folder, "guns."

If when your wife has .357 sig brass as earings at the tupperware party you show them your Glock

If your kids have Loverin, Meplat, Keith, or Thompson, as middle names

If your kid's bike is on a bipod

If you go out with bird watchers with a 3-9 scope

If your walkman is made by Peltor

If your kid's vocabulary includes ballistics, trajectory, groups, magnums, parallax, sectional density, etc.

If you double tap when knocking on doors

If you get excited when you see the Target store logo

If you buy your kids a book each and buy yourself five gun magazines

If your tennis attire has the Cast Boolit's girl embroidered on them

If your Golf bag has a gun compartment

If you lubricate your kid's bikes with Hoppe's

If your banana holds 40 rounds

If your car is coated with tennifer

If you light your charcoal with gun powder

If your kids would rather go to a gun show than Kings Dominion or Disney World

If you are the only one with a vest without a camera

If your apartment complex cites -you- as the reason they don't need on-site security.

If someone you've never met comes to your door and says, "I was given your name. Can you help me while I get my stuff out of my boyfriend's/husband's apartment?"

If the person who gave your name is a local Police Officer.

If your local Police Department makes a point of calling you at home to tell you about the sex-offender/felon who just moved into your area.

If you've been in a local gun shop and had a sales clerk ask you a question about a firearm, because no one else in the shop knows the answer.

If the above occurs so they can make a sale.

If the above occurs at a shop you don't normally frequent.

If your local Police Department asks you what you think about the new handgun they're thinking about issuing.

.....................Buckshot

waksupi
12-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Good ones, Rick.

*Paladin*
12-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah, a lot of those are applicable...:mrgreen:

dale2242
12-20-2010, 08:23 AM
At least 10 or more apply to me....dale

casterofboolits
12-20-2010, 09:34 AM
And:

If the gunshop calls you to help another customer to disassemble his P-08.

If the gun shop manager calls you to help put the shotguns back together the clerks took apart.

If you make two gun sales while browsing the local gun store.

If you help other customers find what they are looking for because all the clerks are busy.

If the neigbors hear a strange noise, look out and see you and tell the other neigbors "It's OK, .... is here.".

All of the above are just a few examples of being a dyed in the wool "gun nut"! :bigsmyl2: [smilie=s:

Jim
12-20-2010, 09:56 AM
This scares me. I'm reading through the list thinking "yup, yup, no, ain't done that, yup, yup,....."

'Specially the dedicated gun room. Even Janet calls it "the gun room".

Oh! How 'bout
If you have a website for nothing but gun related pictures?[smilie=1:

Wayne Smith
12-20-2010, 10:01 AM
If your passwords are mold numbers is there any hope??

Bloodman14
12-20-2010, 10:04 AM
A LOT of those apply to me! (Why don't marriage licenses expire?):kidding:

MT Gianni
12-20-2010, 10:06 AM
If Warren Zevon's Dads' second phone call was to you you in the 80's before Warren wrote "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money".

theperfessor
12-20-2010, 10:20 AM
If you use various aspects of firearms, bullet casting, and reloading as examples of various technical topics in every class you teach...

theperfessor
12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
...and your students bring in wheel weights instead of apples to try to get a better grade.

Jim
12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Janet says
"...If you buy a set of pink grips for your wife's Model 19"

"...If you put all your wife's Christmas stocking stuffers in a new range bag."

Trey45
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
I can relate to about 75% of the examples. And I wish I could relate to the other 25%!

blackthorn
12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
One more---If your almost five year old grandaughter spends the time to educate the sales clerk as to why the bullet style pen she wants to give you for Christmas was not meant to represent a lipstick! "This is the case, this is the primer and this is the jectile"!!

timkelley
12-20-2010, 11:42 AM
More than one of those come just a bit close.:rolleyes:

GLL
12-20-2010, 12:38 PM
...and your students bring in wheel weights instead of apples to try to get a better grade.

I will have to put this on the class syllabus next semester ! :) :)

Jerry

looseprojectile
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM
and I love him too.
The reassembling guns for gunshops is a real one.
I once got a takedown shotgun free cause the owner couldn't get it back together.
I think I remember that Dale Evans horse was Buckshot.

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

Taking out the garbage is on my bucket list! :groner:

Life is good

bowhunter
12-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Most of these apply to my wife! So i know there is no hope for me.............
Redneck from s.c.

Harter66
12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
You missed having a dog named Unique.
Having a standing request with the phone company for 4895,4831,4350.
A cat named Mauser.

Great list,um why is hoppes not colone?

45nut
12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
If the Cast Boolits logo is burned into your monitor.

newer monitors don't get burned in, time to upgrade from the old green screen Rick!

If you don't know that there is a difference between "the Internet" and "Cast Boolits".

LOL

AZ-Stew
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I think I remember that Dale Evans horse was Buckshot.

I think it was Buttermilk.

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

From The Lone Ranger.

I was just telling my wife yesterday that our generation grew up with heros: The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy, Sky King, Superman and many others. All dealt with making sure Good triumphed over Evil. Then I look at what the grandkids are growing up with: The Muppets, Sponge Bob Square Pants, Dora the Explorer, Phineus and Ferb (don't ask). I shudder to think what they will grow up to believe.

Anyway, back on topic...

If you have a gun-related personalized license plate, you might be a Gun Nut. (guilty)

Regards,

Stew

Moonie
12-20-2010, 06:10 PM
My father at the age of 5 was given a set of toy pistols, with double holster by Hopalong Cassidy, he was a friend of the family.

AZ-Stew
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
My father at the age of 5 was given a set of toy pistols, with double holster by Hopalong Cassidy, he was a friend of the family.

That has to be a treasured family keepsake.

I was a Roy Rogers fan, but he didn't give me my outfit. I think it was Santa Claus:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=86917

Regards,

Stew

BOOM BOOM
12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
HI,
Love it, & it's true.:Fire::Fire:

bigdog454
12-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Buy your wife a new haddgun for an anniversery present

obssd1958
12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Buy your wife a new haddgun for an anniversery present

Been there, done that...
S&W model 67 stainless
She took it to the NCBS (Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot!) this past spring, and turned it BLACK from all the powder and lube residue.
I'd say she likes it!!!!

Don

DragoonDrake
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
When you look at the time and think, "I size to that diameter". (i.e. 4:54)
Adam

rockrat
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Yup, ALOT of those hit way too close to home. DragoonDrake, its either boolet diameter or engine size .454" or 454 cu. in.

Buckshot, Have you been peeking in my golf bag??

oldhickory
12-21-2010, 05:58 PM
...If you blurt out, "fps" instead of mpg when talking about gas milage. I did that today, just got a "Huh?" look.

Bigjohn
12-21-2010, 06:23 PM
If you local dealer asks you to reload a strange caliber ammunition for a customer of his and you can.

If you local dealer also ambushes you with "I thought of you when this came in."

Arisaka99
12-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Man these are good!!

old turtle
12-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Might add:

If you ever wore out a Springfield 30-06 barrel.
Bought your wife a target pistol and a target rifle within a year of marriage.

I am afraid I am beyond hope. All of the previous posts are excellent as well as funny. Who said that gun nuts don't have a sense of humor.

troy_mclure
12-24-2010, 10:04 AM
street signs catch your attention because the # is a caliber you shoot/cast.

bearcove
12-25-2010, 12:43 AM
If you set your alarm clock to 4:44 or 4:54

DragoonDrake
12-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Bearcove I do that

geargnasher
12-25-2010, 10:26 PM
If you've ever gone to Home Depot and asked where to find the "Beagling tape".

If you've ever test-fired a gun in your back yard at 11:00PM just because you couldn't wait until the morning to see how your new extractor was going to work.

If the oil in you're wife's car is 2,500 miles past due for a change, but every gun in your collection gets stripped, cleaned, and oiled every month.

If you know the "born-on" date of the ammo in your carry gun.

When you shop garage sales for old pewter, wheel weights, hotplates, coffee makers, candle warmers, slotted metal serving spoons, large iron pots, and .22 shells.

If you only frequent estate sales that advertise "gun stuff".

If your wife walks by you in her underwear and you don't look up from the 1911 trigger job you're doing on the sofa.

If you look up from the 1911 trigger job you're doing on the sofa and find that your wife switched channels and had watched half of Steel Magnolias without you noticing.

If your ranch gate combo is an antique caliber (3030, 4590, 3840, etc.)

If you pick up large quantities of brass for calibers you don't own...........YET!

If you consider reloading, casting, and gun components and accessories to be hard currency.

I could do this all night!

Gear

crabo
12-25-2010, 11:51 PM
If you've ever test-fired a gun in your back yard at 11:00PM just because you couldn't wait until the morning to see how your new extractor was going to work.

Gear

I don't know if it was 11:00, but it was late. I had bought a Contender in 6.5 TCU and was loading ammo for it. I could not stand it, I had to know what it felt like when it went off. It was raining at the time, so I stepped out on the patio and waited for the lightning to flash, counted to 3 and pulled the trigger.

I know the neighbors thought that one was close!

Lively Boy
12-25-2010, 11:55 PM
If your wife buys you a new gun safe, AND your whole wish list on Midway.com, and you STILL ask for 2 more rifles for Christmas...and claim one of those is "for her"...

troy_mclure
12-26-2010, 12:23 AM
I don't know if it was 11:00, but it was late. I had bought a Contender in 6.5 TCU and was loading ammo for it. I could not stand it, I had to know what it felt like when it went off. It was raining at the time, so I stepped out on the patio and waited for the lightning to flash, counted to 3 and pulled the trigger.

awesome!

nes4ever69
12-26-2010, 01:25 AM
when you go to buy a $300 gun and the bill goes to $800 from must have asscesories.

geargnasher
12-26-2010, 02:03 AM

Yep. Gun nut. :drinks:

Oh, I forgot one, perhaps you can relate: If you have to park on the curb because there is a dumptruck load of scrap lead blocking the garage, you might be a gun nut!:Fire:

Gear

sljacob
12-26-2010, 02:53 AM
so many of those hit close to home... I laughed till I had tears.. thanks buckshot for posting ... oh and if all of your inlaws brothers and children are over for christmas and you sneak of to load 50 rounds for a new blackhawlk that you havent shot yet...........(today)[smilie=1:

crabo
12-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Yep. Gun nut. :drinks:

Oh, I forgot one, perhaps you can relate: If you have to park on the curb because there is a dumptruck load of scrap lead blocking the garage, you might be a gun nut!:Fire:

Gear

close enough to a dump truck load? 940 pounds

threett1
12-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I am not alone.:bigsmyl2:

Digger
12-26-2010, 12:07 PM
If your wife is over at the neighbor's already for the annual Christmas day dinner and you are late because you were out back in the shed casting .....[smilie=1:

no34570
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
It's sad,but I do do some of those things,but be fair,it is an affliction :)

oldhickory
12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
if you dream about gathering lead scrap. I did last night...and did very well![smilie=w:

troy_mclure
12-27-2010, 09:55 PM
if you will pick a ww and not a penny off the ground.

bearcove
12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
The scrap metal guy will take that copper in trade for lead!

ontarget0311
12-28-2010, 10:02 PM
If you remember to carry your glock in church but forget to bring your Bible.

runfiveswife
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
yup most of those apply to us, and when you walk in to a local gun dealer and they save guns just for you. yes that happened the other day, lamar and i went to the local gun dealer and he showed lamar like 3 guns that he thought lamar would like and of course we picked one up. and when your gun lists of what you want to buy gets wayyyyyy shorter, and when you kids friends come over to the house and they ask a casting, reloading or just a plain question about guns and the kids can sit there and give a detailed explantion, and the ppl just look at you like are you kiddin.

JIMinPHX
12-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Do you have to have a gun room to qualify, or is a game room good enough?

troy_mclure
12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
hey jim where did you take the musk oxen? thats my dream hunt.

JIMinPHX
12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
That's not my game room. That belongs to a friend of my little sister that lives up near Sedona. He hunts quite a bit more than I do. Those pictures don't even show the large bears or elephant parts that are in the overflow room.

bearcove
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Aw Jim you ruined it for us! I was going to get work as a machinist so I could hunt more. Sure don't get to go that much as a pipefitter. Much less have all those nice mounts.

troy_mclure
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
you might be if: your range bag has wheels.

if said bag is a 2 man lift.

crabo
12-29-2010, 06:16 PM
you might be if: your range bag has wheels.

if said bag is a 2 man lift.

too many of these are striking too close to home. I just added another bar to my folding two wheeler so I could haul more junk. When I add a trailor hitch to it, I will know I have gone too far.

One really cool thing is that the range I am a member of, you can pull right up to the shooting benches and offload your cargo before you shoot.

azcruiser
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
You could be a gun nut if ? When President Obama was elected and most of your local dealers ran out of primers -bullets and brass they called you after the national distributors couldn't supply them with anything since it was all on back order .
Because they new what you had and asked if you would sell them some stuff .The stuff you sold them more than offset the amount your house value went down since the election.Now that things are getting back in stock your getting ready to buy it back but on sale and buy a gun with the prof

JIMinPHX
12-29-2010, 08:01 PM
You might be a gun nut if...your lead & ammo stash weighs more than your car.

bearcove
12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
You might be a gun nut if...your lead & ammo stash weighs more than your car.

Yep heavier than the car. But not heavier than my truck, I think:?: