PDA

View Full Version : Got my BT Sniper 40S/W to 44 dies and all I can say is...WOW!

nmcrnagunnut
12-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Fellow reloaders,experienced swagers and those new to swaging.Please at your first opportunity ORDER BT's dies in whatever caliber you want.buy outright,stick it on plastic ,sell blood or worse sell old guns as a last resort.By the way,i collect takedown Savage 1899/99"s .....looking for a good 22HP.But I Digress,Fellow swagers...we can't let this guy stop making these die sets.I just got my die set today and all i can say is I'm impressed with his machining skills.i've got some Corbin stuff .....very well made ...works well.....a little pricey but a lot of man hours go into his stuff.BT'S dies may not cost as much as Corbin's but work just as good from what i see.SO let us all benefit from his machining talents and place a lot of orders to BT.I know I am.best swaging to all and all a good night!nmcrnagunnut.....

BT Sniper
12-19-2010, 04:05 AM
WOW TOO! Glad they got there in time. USPS tried to delay gunnut's order but we tracked it down and all is well again.

With the way you guys keep talking me up people are going to think your on my payroll :). Just happy to help out. Now I'm mentioned in the same circles as Corbin I must be doing something right.

Yes I'll certainly keep spreading the word to all intrested and offer as many of these upgraded dies I can get my hands on.

In my first year of swaging and lerking on this sight I can not tell you how many people I seen turned away by the potential high price of the free 22lr bullets and swaging gear. I new then how simple, affordable and enjoyable this hobby could be with the right tools and I knew I had to spread the word. Now I figure I can offer free bullets at a 1/4 or less the cost and a 1/3 the work in pistol calibers of course. :)

Your welcome and Merry Christmas

Swage On!

BT

Do keep us posted on your results.

BwBrown
12-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Fellow reloaders,experienced swagers and those new to swaging.Please at your first opportunity ORDER BT's dies in whatever caliber you want.buy outright,stick it on plastic ,sell blood or worse sell old guns as a last resort.By the way,i collect takedown Savage 1899/99"s .....looking for a good 22HP.But I Digress,Fellow swagers...we can't let this guy stop making these die sets.I just got my die set today and all i can say is I'm impressed with his machining skills.i've got some Corbin stuff .....very well made ...works well.....a little pricey but a lot of man hours go into his stuff.BT'S dies may not cost as much as Corbin's but work just as good from what i see.SO let us all benefit from his machining talents and place a lot of orders to BT.I know I am.best swaging to all and all a good night!nmcrnagunnut.....

Hey Gunnut,

Let's see...
ditto
yeah!
+1
ditto
ditto
cool!

Seriously, anytime I started to look at swaging, cost was the big prohibitor, and this goes way back to the good ol' Herter catalog back in the 60's when I started reloading. That was the bargain source of the day - still have a half dozen of their presses!

But in the last couple months, I have picked up a real life S-Press, and my first set of BT Sniper dies and the Universal Notching die.

New fun!

My second set is ordered, with plans for a third. Brian is a first class stand up guy who has found a niche - he will continue to do well - he sure is a pleasure to communicate and work with.

I'm working my way down for the revolvers:
45 Colt - check
Notching Die - check
.44 Special/Magnum - ordered
.38 Special/.357 Magnum - will be ordered after the new year

Next will be the long guns:
.257 - Probably in that order.

I am SO looking forward to some holiday down time, with periods of "swaging'n'shootin' opportunity" between events and family things.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes and shares on these forums. The collective wisdom and experience are a treasure to those of us who are new and learning.
Merry Christmas to All.
Bob

Dave18
12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
how much was 44 die set,
and how many dies ect were involved,

stumbled into here yesterday, and spent most of the night reading all the postings, got me in the mood to dig out my corbin 22 dieset and play again,

just got registered, but dont know if PMs are working for someone with no postings, sent one to Brian, but it didnt show that I sent a PM:?

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Dave,
Did you read the 3rd sticky thread ?

44 cal using 40 brass uses one die.
BT has prices listed in that thread, but they are not current.
also, I think CH is out of 44 cal dies,
so you may have a long wait on your hands.
I think BT said something like 4 to 6 months ???

PS: BT you should update the first post in that 3rd sticky thread
with current pricing and maybe add a Date that you updated the price.
Jon

Dave18
12-27-2010, 08:54 PM
will go read through that sticky,

4-6mo, the wait will be no problem, ;-)

BT Sniper
12-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeh I'll update it. Thanks guys. I've said it many times but now I have the time. Going to get the web sight up and running. It's my new years plan.

Good shooting.

BT

acemedic13
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Dude...when do I get mine?? I ordered those suckers when I was still in Iraq bro!!..lol.....Whenever you get the time Brian I would love a set. take care and happy new year. Joel

u.p. north
12-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeh I'll update it. Thanks guys. I've said it many times but now I have the time. Going to get the web sight up and running. It's my new years plan.

Good shooting.

BT

congrats on the idea and going through with the website. brian you definitely have a niche for this swaging stuff, you have come a long way in less than a year. keep up the awesome work and i look forward to talking to you at some time in the near future. you and a few others have inspired me to take the initiative to move along and make a move into hopefully providing these fine people with some of the things they need. :razz: once again you have done a fine job and keep up the work.
thanks,
u.p. north (tim)