PDA

View Full Version : Dillon vibrator rebuild

Ringer
10-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I recently had a bearing fail on the motor of my 8 yr old much used brass vibrator.
I called dillon to inquire about a replacement motor, and was informed that if I shipped it to them with a check or money order for $29.35, they would send it back in as new condition. I did this, figuring a new one sells for $100, and 10 days later I had my same machine back in new condition. Total cost to me was about $50.00 with shipping to dillon. they paid return shipping.FWIW Ringer

kodiak1
10-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Damn I wish Car Dealers worked like that!!!!!!
Ken.

Baldy
10-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Dillon has the best service in the industry. I got a Frankfort that was getting a little warm so I drill holes in the base all the way around it. Now it runs cool to what it was. There was no way for air to get to the fan. There is now.

Lee
10-21-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks, Baldy!! Looks like I'll be drillin' a few holes in my Frankfort too, just to head off the heating problem.........Lee:)

Lloyd Smale
10-21-2006, 04:24 AM
next time you send something to dillon. Just send it in without contacting them first and a dime to a dollar they would have done it for free.

fatnhappy
10-22-2006, 08:01 AM
next time you send something to dillon. Just send it in without contacting them first and a dime to a dollar they would have done it for free.

I was thinking the same thing. Frankly, I was shocked to see they charged you for the repair. I'd call Mike Dillion and ask him ***?

Patrick L
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I too was suprised. I don't own any Dillon stuff (not for any good reason, it just worked out that way) but always said I'd buy Dillon if I ever needed to because of the "No BS" warranty. I've read of people buying used, even abused Dillon equipment and Dillon fixing it for free.

So I wonder why you were charged ?

Lloyd Smale
10-23-2006, 05:08 AM
technicaly they dont have there lifetime warantee on electrionic stuff. IVe had a couple of there low primer alarms break and go bad and the first one they charged me for after i had contacted them. the other one i just sent in and they sent me a new one free. Probably eaiser to just send me one then to contact me for billing info.

toecutter
10-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Just so you guys are aware, the metal plate on the bottom of the frankford arsenal tumblers is actually part of a fire safety feature. Back before these things were branded FA, they were a midway product. I used to have a midway 1492. A while after I bought it; it caught fire completely turning into a goey fireball all over my garage floor. Thankfully it was on concrete and didn't spread but sure scared the FSCK out of me. If you want to drill holes in something, drill them in the side of the plastic not the metal plate on the bottom.

jar-wv
10-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Just so you guys are aware, the metal plate on the bottom of the frankford arsenal tumblers is actually part of a fire safety feature. Back before these things were branded FA, they were a midway product. I used to have a midway 1492. A while after I bought it; it caught fire completely turning into a goey fireball all over my garage floor. Thankfully it was on concrete and didn't spread but sure scared the FSCK out of me. If you want to drill holes in something, drill them in the side of the plastic not the metal plate on the bottom.

Is that why it said in the instructions on my midway to use on a concrete floor? I actually have mine set on a wooden table in my loading building and have on occasion tumbled overnight with it. Definatly not going to that anymore.

jar

GP100man
11-10-2006, 08:32 PM
ive left my midway 1492 (yes it still runs fine i clean & lube twice a yr.) running overnite & the mottor only gets warm to the touch temp maybe110f if that .

:castmine: