PDA

View Full Version : Recent good luck find!

pbraceguns
12-18-2010, 12:41 PM
A neighbor of mine went to work at a truck shop a month ago. He was at my shop the other day when I was casting up a batch of 9mm 125's.
He was asking what i used and I told him WW lead. Well the next afternoon he shows up with several 3 gallon buckets of WW lead.
Smelted and fluxed it down and poured ingots.
Wound up with 186 ingots in my Lyman ingot molds.
Was thinking dang what a bonus find, when he comes the next afternoon with 3 more buckets full, and said there was more where those came from. FREE LEAD!!!
As a payback I took 6 large pizza's by the shop and thanked them for the lead.
The boss said come by anytime and I can get whatever they have available.
What a great Christmas present that was.
Added bonus, They on occasion have some aluminum welding work they need done and after he saw some of the custom Aluminum parts I fabricate for local racers, He gave me the nod to do that work too!.
I normally charge $60.00 hr for aluminum work, but as long as they provide lead, there will be no charge for the work to this shop. Horse trading used to be the standard , I guess it still will be around here.

Merry Christmas to everyone here. What a great site to have found!!!!:lovebooli

old turtle
12-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Hope you also took several 6 packs

biscot
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Congrats!

canyon-ghost
12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Alright! Good news for you!

Charlie Two Tracks
12-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Great find and great trade. I admire your ethics of being fair to those who were fair with you. Good job. You had completely free lead and you let them know of a talent that you had that would help them out also. THAT'S WHAT MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT! (off my soap box now)

bigjake
12-19-2010, 01:17 AM
A neighbor of mine went to work at a truck shop a month ago. He was at my shop the other day when I was casting up a batch of 9mm 125's.
He was asking what i used and I told him WW lead. Well the next afternoon he shows up with several 3 gallon buckets of WW lead.
Smelted and fluxed it down and poured ingots.
Wound up with 186 ingots in my Lyman ingot molds.
Was thinking dang what a bonus find, when he comes the next afternoon with 3 more buckets full, and said there was more where those came from. FREE LEAD!!!
As a payback I took 6 large pizza's by the shop and thanked them for the lead.
The boss said come by anytime and I can get whatever they have available.
What a great Christmas present that was.
Added bonus, They on occasion have some aluminum welding work they need done and after he saw some of the custom Aluminum parts I fabricate for local racers, He gave me the nod to do that work too!.
I normally charge $60.00 hr for aluminum work, but as long as they provide lead, there will be no charge for the work to this shop. Horse trading used to be the standard , I guess it still will be around here.

Merry Christmas to everyone here. What a great site to have found!!!!:lovebooli

You really hit the mother load !!

I too do aluminum fabricating, and any other metal. lead casting is a heck of a lot easier than alum tig welding, I cast to let off stress.

home in oz
12-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Good Score!

WHITETAIL
12-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I too am glad to see a fellow trader.
We need to show how much these people are appreciated.:bigsmyl2:

GP100man
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Nuttin like good neighbors !!!

Found anything besides lead in the truck weights , epa & the industry in general leave the commercial lines alone when it comes to maintence items ????

*Paladin*
12-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Man, I need a neighbor like that! Good deal!

madsenshooter
12-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Only problem with horse trading is that the utility companies don't trade! But when the corporations fall, which is inevitable, we'll all be horsetrading! Simple economics!