PDA

View Full Version : 7.62x25

mag_01
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
:coffee: ---Having good results with the Czech CZ52 pistol---I'm using a 100gr. Lee booolit with 6 grs. of Herco--almost a full case---have loaded some 6.5 loads which I will try as time permits and will probably try 7 if no pressure signs show up with the 6.5 load--Base is a plain base and it seems to be performing well.----Mag---:castmine:

NickSS
10-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I am thinking about buying a CZ 52 how do you like yours?

Bullshop
10-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Man that is one hot little cartridge. My load data shows bullets in the 85/90gn range at about 2000 fps. With those loads it ejects quite briskly flinging brass 30 feet. If you dont want to chase brass use light loads that dont generate enough energy to operate the action. This way you work the action manualy for each shot. These actions are designed for the hot loads so you can still use a pretty fair load that would be normal velocity for other cartridges in like calibers. Plenty of power for small game too with the manual loads. I realy like the CZ 52's! They are robustly stout and should take a lickin and keep on tickin as the old timex guy used to say. Only thing I have a problem with is them teany weany little sights. They werent made for old guys.
BIC/BS

mag_01
10-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeaa I love my CZ52---Bullshop you pretty much said it all------------Mag

Nickss you wont go wrong getting one they are well built and a hot little cartridge

9.3X62AL
10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
The only caveat I would add to this text concerning the CZ-52's.......check the rollers on the bolt head, some show flat spots--and if so, should be replaced. Check www.makarov.com for parts and accessories for these pistols.

I enjoy mine, and it feeds reliably with ammo launching 90-100 grain boolits/bullets from 1100-1600 FPS. I haven't tried Herco in mine--and I should, I still have over half an 8# jug that followed me home several years ago. AA-7 has been my "go-to" powder for this caliber, esp. with j-words. Apparently, AA-7 was the Czech spec powder for their 1600+ FPS loads in this caliber. 7.5 grains of it with the Hornady limited production 86 grain RNSP gave 1400 FPS, which are the original ballistics for the Mauser and Tokarev cartridges. They jack up jackrabbits with finality. I set aside the CZ-capable hot rounds some time ago--having a Tokarev and a Broomhandle so chambered, I didn't want any of the warmed-up cartridges finding their way into either of those pistols.

Mohillbilly
11-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I was a buy'n the cheap FMJ china stuff for my broom but down loaded the powder 10% as that stuff was hotter than I wanted in a 30's broom......

9.3X62AL
11-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I hear ya, Mo. The surplus ammo that was out there for some time varied in intensity, and I avoided it for that reason. Some of the stuff loaded for the CZ-52 and PPSh is WAY WARM.

I've been running some of the W-W white box 7.62 x 25 factory loads to create brass, and my Tokarev gobbles them right up. These run about 1300 FPS with 85 grain FMJ, and can be had reasonably around here, $12-$13 per 50 and reloadable empties left over. I would run these in my Broomhandle.

mosin9130
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Warning!
The M52 for Cz52 is an hot cartridge and the pistol is robust but neither the cartridge nor the pistol are super-ultra-mega-MAGNUM!!! I know an idiot (I cannot call him in a different manner) that has blown a CZ52 and, not satisfied of what done, has blown a second CZ52 in the attempt to obtain super-ultra-mega-magnum performances.
The hottest factory ballistics is fmj 90 grs bullet at 1640 fps. That means that you should not exceed the 1650 fps with CAST boolits (IMO).

9.3X62AL
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
The latest Hornady loading manual shows some very high-end loads for the CZ-52 pistols using their components. I'm not sure I would go there. Velocity is fun, for sure--but it is kinda wasted if accuracy goes south.

I haven't gone much past 1350 FPS with most of my loading in this caliber, regardless of projectile composition. Rounds loaded to 1200 FPS will function all three of my pistols (Broomhandle, Tokarev, CZ-52), the latter 2 just barely--with occasional incomplete cycles. At 1350 FPS cycling in the latter 2 pistols is reliably powered. I'm not sure what is gained by exceeding "standard" loads of 86 grain/1400 FPS. Such loads JACK UP small game and varmints comprehensively, probably too much so for table fare, clear out past 75 yards.

Willbird
11-06-2006, 01:04 PM
I like my CZ-52. makarov.com has a heavier recoil spring for them which I installed, and I got the improved target firing pin. I shot quite a bit of subgun ammo in mine, I agree they sure do hurl the fired brass a long way from the shooter :-).

Bill