PDA

View Full Version : grips for colt cobra

cakolp2
12-16-2010, 10:37 PM
i bought a colt cobra and it bites my hand quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone knows of any hogue or similar grips i could put on it. the newer model has nice thick grips, but i don't think they would fit the older cobra. i tried loading some lighter loads, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

MtGun44
12-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I have a short frame Cobra and the Pachmyr Compac grips, - the one with the little "bite" out
of the bottom front edge. They are absolutely PERFECT for me and for a woman that I recently
trained up on it. She just bought a really nice 2nd gen Cobra and put the same grips on it.
Highly recommended. OTOH if you have the earlier long grip frame version, they will not
fit, but there is a Pachmyr that will fit, but it is a bit large IMO.

Bill

smkummer
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Numrich was selling the long discontinued grip adapters and in the D-frame they listed S (small) M (medium) and L (large). These really help my small hands fit the Colt grip frame which appear to fit the largest hands. I believe they wanted $9 for what they had left. I may still have a few that I have not used if you cant find them anymore. With the older (pre-1966) grip frame you are limited to what you can use off of the shelf unless you can alter them yourself. I do also have a pair of altered herret stocks that will fit that I can sell for $10 shipped.

cakolp2
12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I will look at numrich, thanks
Carl

NoDakJak
12-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I use the grip filler on my Colt Police Positive and Pachmyr on my Cobra. Both work well but the Pachmyr fills the hand better. I also use the Pachmyr Compac on all my I and J frame S&Ws. They are a fantastic improvement on those revolvers. Neil