PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't ruger.................?

hickstick_10
12-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Come up with zany new revolvers and firearms as much anymore?

Used to be Ruger cooked up some new weird contraption ever decade that was a hit, but as of late I've been pretty disapointed with their new products.

Specifically why they dont bring out a 5 shot version of the super black hawk or bisley. With the popularity of hard hitting big revolver rounds and the amount of conversions being done to them, you'd think Ruger would get in on the action.

I know there's the super redhawk, but If I'm going to purchase a massive chunky double action I'l go with a S&W x frame.

Thoughts?

DAMN YANKEE
12-15-2010, 01:30 AM
I'd like to see them bring out a 5-shot 480 cal Bisley.:cbpour:

Bret4207
12-15-2010, 08:09 AM
I'd like to see them put real sights and longer barrels on their SP101.

square butte
12-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd like to see them build a 77/25-20 wcf and 77/32-20 wcf on the rimfire/22 Hornet platform. Or Nmber #1 in these calibers.

Whitworth
12-15-2010, 08:38 AM
I'd like to see them bring out a 5-shot 480 cal Bisley.:cbpour:

You and everyone else I know -- including myself!

winelover
12-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Ruger has new firearms out----just not the ones your interested in. The Industry is concentrating on concealability because that's where the market is.

Winelover

NHlever
12-15-2010, 10:31 AM
A number of years ago, Ruger bought the tooling necessary to make a 5 shot Blackhawk cylinder for a gun that never came to be. I encouraged them at the time (.480 wasn't out at the time) to produce a 5 shot .45 Colt, but the Engineers couldn't see why anyone would want a five shot gun when they could buy a six shot. I worked there at the time, and was involved in those projects. Anyway, now the cylinders are produced on a CNC machine, and they can make any number of chambers they want, and machine the locking notches to match.

By the way, I agree with a version off an SP-101 with decent sights too, and the 77/22 series in more centerfire calibers......... yes, the 25-20, and 32-20 would be feasable. Only problem with the rotary magazine is that you have to design a new magazine for each caliber, or series at least.

DeanWinchester
12-15-2010, 01:04 PM
It ain't cheap but Hamilton Bowen can do number on the SP101. J frame rear sights, regulated front sight to your choice of ammunition....the works.

http://bowenclassicarms.com/NEW/RugDAbasic.htm

Potsy
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I think Ruger has come up with a lot of fine ideas recently (flattop .44 Specials) and discontinued a few good ones too (1A 7x57).
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that there not going to build a 5 shot .45 Colt because A) not everybody handloads, 6-Shooters are going to appeal to the bulk of the market and B)there not going to build something that caters to handloaders simply because they really don't want anybody handloading their stuff to begin with.
I do thing a 5-shot .480 would be outstanding. A 5-shot GP framed .41 Mag might be a hit. .45 Colts or .41 Spec. or Mag on the new/old single action frame. Weird and wild on the SP frame might go over pretty well too. With Ruger, the sky's the limit.
Only problem is, bean counters want LOOOONG production runs. Therefore, guns will be built to the lowest common denominator of the market (notice how they quit building the Old Army before Bill Ruger was in the ground).
Lipseys and other distributors ordering large runs of special items has been the only thing that has kept the "zany" stuff going.
Maybe if enough folks bark at distributors, some cool stuff could be done. In the meantime, look for everyday stuff to come from Ruger (last week, it was AR's, this week, it's .380's that are smaller than your cell phone).

Just my .02

tek4260
12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=103754

Yes a 5 shot 480 would be nice. If this one had adjustable sights it would be mine already!

As it stands, Ill end up turning one of my OM Supers into a 480, and tell Ruger that I would have bought 3 or 4 of theirs if they would just make them! Sent them an email when I bought my 475 BFR, saying I would have rather bought 2 of their 480 SA's if they would just make it!

They dont realize that people like me would buy more Ruger firearms if we didn't have to spend so much with the custom smiths to get what they should make!

Really, does the world need another AR, a copy of the Kel Tec, or some junk plastic revolver? With what they produce now, they might as well be located in south FL if you know what I mean...

needcoffee
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
While we are wishing. I would like to see a .454 Ruger Alaskan but with a 7.5" barrel. I just like the looks of the Alaskan over the Super Redhawk. More like the older Redhawk frame.

Doc_Stihl
12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Come up with zany new revolvers and firearms as much anymore?

Have you seen the LCR? That's as zany a new revolver as anyone has put out in a while.

hickstick_10
12-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Maybe if they brought back the ruger #3 in 45-70? If they could sell em for 700 bucks I bet they'd off load a pile of them, as long as the barrel was a little chunkier to give it some more weight.

I'd buy one in stainless and one in blue.

You think it would be possible to make an 8 shot blackhawk in 30 m1 carbine? As opposed to the 327 federal?

If so, I'd buy every variation made of that.

With USFA making the 12-22 single action, maybe a 10 shot 22 revolver could be made by ruger? And it would be more practical in my opnion because you just have to fish out columns lines of shells from the box.

Oh well, at least they didnt bring out ANOTHER 1911 :brokenima

Trey45
12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Ruger should chamber a rifle in 327 FedMag.
Actually, Marlin should make a Model 1894 in 327 FedMag
Ruger should make a 5 shot blackhawk in several heavy hitting calibers, to include 45 Colt.
Ruger should reintroduce a 44 mag redhawk with 4" barrel.
They should reintroduce the redhawk in 357 mag in ANY barrel length.
They should start making the security six again!

If Dan Wesson can start making revolvers again, Ruger can start making that Security Six again!

pdawg_shooter
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I wish Ruger would bring out a firearm that didnt have to be rebuilt out of the box!

Trey45
12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Really, none of my 4 Rugers needed rebuilding out of the box.

pdawg_shooter
12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
In 24 years as a dealer I sent more Rugers back to the factory than all other brands combined.

Geraldo
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Ruger has new firearms out----just not the ones your interested in. The Industry is concentrating on concealability because that's where the market is.

Winelover

You can't market what you don't make.

Potsy
12-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Did I hear someone say Ruger 1911?
HMMMMMM.........
It'd prolly weigh 5 lbs but I'd hafta have one. Wonder if there'd be a Ruger only section in loading manuals for .45ACP?

I've never had a problem with a Ruger firearm, though I've only owned 7 (I think).
Not to say the next one might not be a dud.

I really wonder if there's anybody here with enough swat to start riding Lipseys or some distributor for a 5 shot Blackhawk/Bisley.
Group email, maybe? Cast Boolits Group Buy?
For that matter, a 5 shot on a standard Redhawk frame might be kinda cool.

hickstick_10
12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Did I hear someone say Ruger 1911?
HMMMMMM.........
It'd prolly weigh 5 lbs but I'd hafta have one. Wonder if there'd be a Ruger only section in loading manuals for .45ACP?

a 600 dollar desert eagle so to speak?

tek4260
12-15-2010, 08:10 PM
In 24 years as a dealer I sent more Rugers back to the factory than all other brands combined.

Start selling Taurus. You will surpass the Ruger returns in about 2 months.:twisted:

Potsy
12-15-2010, 08:10 PM
a 600 dollar desert eagle so to speak?

Juuust about shot Diet Mtn. Dew out my nose and on the screen.

That settles it!!!!
Hickstick is well on his way to being head of Ruger's marketing dept.!!!!!

bhn22
12-15-2010, 08:28 PM
While we are wishing. I would like to see a .454 Ruger Alaskan but with a 7.5" barrel. I just like the looks of the Alaskan over the Super Redhawk. More like the older Redhawk frame.

The Alaskan is just a short barreled Super Red without scope ring cutouts.

Is this what you really want?

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/AmHgunAnn07.pdf

Bullshop
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
OH OH OH !!!!!
I want a 5 shot Bearcat in 22 snapper.
Oh alright then just bring back the Hawkeye.

bbailey7821
12-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Sign me up for one of them Hawkeyes!

DeanWinchester
12-15-2010, 09:53 PM

OR, one of these Redhawks in 5shot .50 Action Express. That is just a friggin masterpiece!!!!!

http://bowenclassicarms.com/NEW/images/1917_r1_c1.jpg

Bret4207
12-16-2010, 08:02 AM
I'd like to see SOMEONE bring back the H+R 999 in 22, 22 mag.

Lloyd Smale
12-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Everyone has there own opinion on what ruger should make including myself but everyones ideas are differnt as seen here. Ruger has to make guns that sell enough to make money and most of these ideas alothough cool wouldnt sell well. Id have to say that there not sitting on there buts though. Look at just the last couple years. THeyve made the lcp, lcr, the flatop in 357 and 44 special. The small framed blackhawk and vaquero, the bisley flattop, the montado, the SR9, redesigned the 77 again, the alaskan, the 327, the short ruger mags, the ar15 ruger and im probably forgetting some but thats alot of new stuff in just a few short years. Much more then probably the rest of the manufactures combined. To me some of there stuff didnt make since but mostly because there not guns that appeal to me personaly but someone is buying them. If the next two 3 years were as productive in new products as the last three were im on the edge of my seat waiting to see whats next.

winelover
12-16-2010, 09:13 AM
You can't market what you don't make.

Ruger doesn't make the LCP or the LCR??? Not even the newest KLCR , the 357 Magnum version of the later????:veryconfu

Winelover

GP100man
12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Well , I`m older now & on the down hill slide & had my fun with 44s&454s .

I tend to shoot a bit of mid 357mag/38special loadings & 22lr .

I would really enjoy a nice 22 DA with adjustable (windage/elevation) sights .

Something inbetween SP/GP size , small enuff for small hands & large enuff to be appealin to the Magnum crowd !!

In my opinion there missing out on this corner of the marketplace.

Phillip
12-16-2010, 11:04 PM

You know, It reminds me of the one Ruger is now making........
http://www.ruger.com/products/redhawk/orderNow.html?catalog=KRH-45-4&model=5027&url=http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/manuflink.asp?manuf=Ruger&Item=&sku=5027

I have one on order now for over a month, I hope it comes in soon, I want to start shooting my heavy loads.

Heavy lead
12-16-2010, 11:42 PM
First of all reintroduce that lever action rifle they had with a tubular magazine and junk the rotary, in .25-20, 32-20, .327, .357, .44, .45 and .480, second an eight shot super redhawk in .357, with a lengthened frame and a 5"tube. I'd get rid of the redhawk as we know it, and build a new redhawk with the super redhawk frame design without the scope mounts and a lengthened frame to accomadate up to a 5.5" barrel. Make a Maxi-14 in .308 and maybe a .44 auto mag. Or maybe even a .30-06. Offer all models of the Blackhawk with a Bisley frame. Build a longslide all steel pistol designed around the .45 Winchester Magnum.

bobke
12-17-2010, 08:18 AM
obviously, we all have our preferences. mine is a stainless, 5 shot, 6.5" barreled, .475 caliber (either linebaugh or .480ruger), with patridge style sights, properly fit cylinder and barrel (no constriction in forcing cone) and precise throat dimensions. and a target to verify how well it shoots at 50yds.

actually, forget the above, i'm dreaming. how about a ruger 'performance' shop, one that would actually go over a gun BEFORE it left the shop and verify it's accuracy with a provided target. confirm cylinder throats, timing, cylinder gap, clean up machine burrs, true barrel dimensions-from one end to the other (no constriction at frame), straight sights. and a target, not a single fired shell. and actually, i'd settle for it any time of the year, but xmas would be better.

come on, ruger, we've been good consumers all year long. we deserve it!

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
I just sent a link to this thread, to an old friend that is an engineer at Ruger . . .

Yes the Alaskan is a SR, just a short barrel that ends at the frame!

tek4260
12-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Hope he looks at the link to the Vaquero for sale on Rugerfourm. 5 shot 480 without opening up the existing window. Should be simple to make on the existing Blackhawk frame. I bet there are even a few 480 barrels laying around.

doghawg
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Count me in for a 5 shot .480 Bisley with quick change front sight blades and a little extra attention to barrel and cylinder specs and...as long as we're dreaming...how about a few bucks worth of extra labor on slicked up actions so a "trigger job" would only require a spring change. I'm convinced that such a gun would sell.....

500bfrman
12-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Start selling Taurus. You will surpass the Ruger returns in about 2 months.:twisted:

That wouldn't improve ruger quality. it is what it is.

canyon-ghost
12-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Ruger? Well, I like the 327 Federal for factory gun, factory ammo type deal but, it's not what I want. Neither is the 32 magnum, I want a 32-20 WCF ! Don't tell me these are extinct, you haven't really managed to replace them. Now, if a 327 federal compares to a 32-20 then, how does it group at 100 meters?

We're so busy re-inventing everything for a few $ that we don't have time to make big $$$.

Okay, you may disagree now.
Ron

LongPoint
12-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Still got my eye out for a Speed Six. The SP101 is very easy to conceal and comfortable with Hogue grips but thats Mommas gun. I find a Speed Six in good shape and priced right its coming home with me to live. A little more heft and six beans in the wheel. HELLO RUGER!

LongPoint

Lloyd Smale
12-18-2010, 08:18 AM
ive allways thought a performance shop or a custom shop at ruger would be a good thing. Many guys including myself would gladly buck up a little more money for a handfit gun with a hand done action job and little things like case colaring, better sights ect. Also it would be nice to be able to buy a tuned 77 that had an accuracy gurantee
obviously, we all have our preferences. mine is a stainless, 5 shot, 6.5" barreled, .475 caliber (either linebaugh or .480ruger), with patridge style sights, properly fit cylinder and barrel (no constriction in forcing cone) and precise throat dimensions. and a target to verify how well it shoots at 50yds.

actually, forget the above, i'm dreaming. how about a ruger 'performance' shop, one that would actually go over a gun BEFORE it left the shop and verify it's accuracy with a provided target. confirm cylinder throats, timing, cylinder gap, clean up machine burrs, true barrel dimensions-from one end to the other (no constriction at frame), straight sights. and a target, not a single fired shell. and actually, i'd settle for it any time of the year, but xmas would be better.

come on, ruger, we've been good consumers all year long. we deserve it!

buck1
12-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I wish they would just get over the super redhawk. And beef up some of their good handguns like the Redhawks and blackhawks with 5 shot cylinders.
And +1 on the Hawkeye but beef it up to handle some bigger/stronger carts.
If Bill was still arround he would slap the folks who put out the LCP and LCR.
I aint hateing I'm just saying! LOL!!! ...Buck

bobke
12-18-2010, 10:31 AM
okay ruger, if you're listening, here's a marketing opportunity for you. test fire all of your weapons, not just a single chamber to say it goes bang, but a cylinder full or two...or three.
-one, you'll find the "less than factory tolerance" weapons very quickly.
-two, you'll reduce rework, which is very costly for you (unless it's the incubating pool for final fitters) and VERY annoying to the owners of those new guns. VERY.
-three-since you'll find the issues beforehand, your rework will down significantly and your real production rates will go up. just saved you some money there.
-four, because you've made a marked improvement in quality, you'll have a satisfied consumer, ready to buy more ruger product, and more brand loyal, because now people are bragging about how their ruger shoots, not sitting here on a forum complaining about the absence of quality control.
-five, and i agree with lloyd 110%, i'd pay more for a finely fitted weapon, with a target to establish it's 'bonafides'. i did it with a dx smith 629 and that's one of my best shooting guns, more than 10 years after the fact. tighten up factory tolerance to where it's really meaningful, not just 4" in 15yds.

some will pass, some will fail, some will excel. yes, it will take time to test to a further degree. but with optical comparitors, gauges, proper inspection and a final test target, you will have re-established the reputation that ruger had before the bean counters started running the company. read here "VOICE OF CUSTOMER". all that lean manufacturing, cutting corners and pushing product out the door could be slightly refined and really yield something that's very easy to lose, but near impossible to regain, customer loyalty.

there's my gift to your marketing and engineering group for xmas. now, any chance for a happier new year?

jameslovesjammie
12-18-2010, 12:17 PM
How about NOT making butt-ugly semi autos.

wallenba
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Because Bill is gone. Just another biz now.

armed_partisan
12-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Did you guys not see this?
http://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkStainless/models.html

They came out with it at last year's SHOT show. A Stainless, 5.5" Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .327 Magnum with an EIGHT SHOT cylinder! I'm not even a Ruger fan and I want one! That's like a .32-20 Levergun that you can carry in a holster! Uber cool!

man.electric
12-19-2010, 10:37 AM
ive allways thought a performance shop or a custom shop at ruger would be a good thing. Many guys including myself would gladly buck up a little more money for a handfit gun with a hand done action job and little things like case colaring, better sights ect. Also it would be nice to be able to buy a tuned 77 that had an accuracy gurantee

Doesn't John Linebaugh run Ruger's custom shop and just rename them Linebaugh's Custom? I have seen many an ugly ruger transformed into a work of art by http://www.customsixguns.com/, I just figure that Ruger doesn't want to be associated with that high class of a sixgun.

buck1
12-19-2010, 12:07 PM
no I belive he and Bowen as well as others make what we want from Rugers , not for Ruger. But if you want full blown custom it aint cheep!! If Ruger put out some of these 5 shot guns I could have one and still feed the family. Untill then I have migrated to Magnum reasearch. Basicly they are doing what Ruger iosnt smart enugh to do. They are basicly beefed up rugers anyway with a bit of a better fit and finish and higher price. ...Buck

Jeff H
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see them put real sights and longer barrels on their SP101.

I'd vote for that one. I like my 3", but 4" would be cool too. Sights on either would be a big plus too.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t284/mike-foxtrot/ZZSP101.jpg

I know this isn't the leverguns thread, but I would like to see the 96-44 come back and a .357 mag version too.

edit: Not complainin', by the way. Since I FINALLY got my factory 'Specials, I'm tickled pink. I can have sights added to SP101s and Bearcats.

NoZombies
12-20-2010, 02:37 AM
I'd love to see a 6" sp101 in 327 with target sights.

The 8 shot blackhawks have been tempting me too...

45r
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I just wish they would make ones that didn't need a bunch of tuning and smoothing.Their double actions can be quite good after a lot of work,my 45 colt redhawk is pretty good now but it took a lot of work.Getting a good trigger without light primer strikes isn't easy but worth the effort.They make a strong revolver but they often come out of the factory needing more work to be as good as S&W makes them stock.The S&W's out of the PC are very good.I really like my redhawk and blackhawk but it would be great if they had some factory tuned ones that didn't need to go to a gunsmith to reach their full potential.

TNsailorman
12-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see a Model 96 in .41 magnum with a 16 1/2" barrel the diameter of the .44 magnum version. It would make a real nice hog rifle as well as a handy house gun.

ebner glocken
12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Glad to see others share my opinion about ruger QA. I'm not as much worried about what models they are pushing nowdays as the quality of the models that I like.

They're not going to make anything that isn't mass marketable. They bet on the majority of handguns sold will likely not be fired at all, some will be fired little in original owners lifetime, few will be fired much. Figuring the percentage of handguns sold that are fired as much as some of our members of this forum will fire, very few. It's cheaper to fix that few than make all dimensionally acceptable to us few. Most customers won't know the difference. Unfortunatly ruger isn't alone in this ideal.

Ruger will have to make some changes to gain me back as a customer. Freedom arms are a tad out of my price reach but for little more than a ruger BFR is a really well made option.

Lloyd Smale
12-22-2010, 06:43 AM
I agree. What John and hamilton do is a step above what a custom shop would need to do. A full on linebaugh gun has very few ruger made parts left on it. About all thats ruger is the altered frame and a few other altered parts like the hammer and trigger. I would like to see a custom shop that just did some higher end finishing and action work at reasonalble prices. Theres not a ruger i own and i own quite a few that doesnt at least have action work done to it and little upgrades like better grips and sights.
no I belive he and Bowen as well as others make what we want from Rugers , not for Ruger. But if you want full blown custom it aint cheep!! If Ruger put out some of these 5 shot guns I could have one and still feed the family. Untill then I have migrated to Magnum reasearch. Basicly they are doing what Ruger iosnt smart enugh to do. They are basicly beefed up rugers anyway with a bit of a better fit and finish and higher price. ...Buck

Johnch
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
How about a 7 1/2" GP100 in 357 mag with rings
I just can't see iron sights well enough to use for hunting

IMO it would make a great hunting revolver for small game and deer at close range

John

exile
12-24-2010, 02:28 PM
My vote is for a small frame 50th Anniversary flattop in .327 Federal with a 5.5" inch barrel, blued if I could get it.

Off topic, but I see that Savage has chosen to chamber their rifles in 6.5 Creedmore. Now if someone would tell me why they are $ 900.00 I would be happy.

exile

jr545
12-24-2010, 03:09 PM
A 5-shot GP framed .41 Mag might be a hit. Just my .02

Sign me up in stainless.
While you're at it, I'll take a 5 shot SBH in 45LC blued.

When can I expect delivery.....

needcoffee
12-26-2010, 03:19 PM

That is it. But the price tag after you supply the firearm. Ouch.

NHlever
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I wish Ruger would use a pinned on front sight on all of it's Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk guns. It would save them a lot of customer service work for guns that need higher front sights, and sure would make it easier for us to try different front sight blades for our old eyes! I'm guessing it would be cheaper for Ruger to do that too.

robertbank
12-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Well if we are into a wish list. I would go for a 4.2" Redhawk chambered in .45LC with a .45acp cylinder option. Gun would be great for IDPA and for Wilderness carry and be available to the Canadian market.

S&W is about to come out with a 107MM (4.2")barreled .357mag. This gun is going to eat into Rugers GP-100 sales up here for sure, as guys fall over themselves to drop close to a grand into a S&W revolver.

A Ruger 1911 out for the 100th Anniversary is almost a slam dunk. Everyone else is selling 100 year Specials at silly prices so why not Ruger.

Take Care

Bob
ps And revolvers that don't need their throats reamed out so you can shoot lead boolits.

bobke
12-28-2010, 06:07 PM
"ps And revolvers that don't need their throats reamed out so you can shoot lead boolits."

+1, but i'd really rather see revolvers without a constriction at the breech end of barrel, forward of forcing cone. they're pretty much a pita to deal with, while trying to avoid changing the other dimensions in the barrel. cylinders are much easier to work with, imho. give me a straight barrel, from one end to the other, of the proper dimension relative to cylinder throats and i'd be happier. to me, that's what makes or breaks a gun as a shooter or non-shooter.

listen, i've just dropped some serious coin for two les baers-and so do many others. it's apparent to me, there is a segment of the market that would support paying extra for the exceptionally well fitted gun. and i'd do it for ruger, if they'd just deliver the goods. is there enough momentum to push a 'ruger select' series through to the powers that be at ruger to get this moving....or am i dreaming?

Lloyd Smale
12-30-2010, 08:11 AM
pick yourself up a 454 redhawk and have it cut for moon clips. You then can shoot 45acps with clips and 45 colts and 454s with clips or without. Standard smith md 25 clips work for acps in the redhawks and they will sell you the clips for the 45/454 I had a 454 alaskan done up like that that i sold to a buddy. It worked great Only problem with the thing was that acps shot to such a differnt point of aim that you had to adjust your sights but i had conteplated having it fit for two differnt front sight blades and a system like fa uses so they could be easily swapped
Well if we are into a wish list. I would go for a 4.2" Redhawk chambered in .45LC with a .45acp cylinder option. Gun would be great for IDPA and for Wilderness carry and be available to the Canadian market.

S&W is about to come out with a 107MM (4.2")barreled .357mag. This gun is going to eat into Rugers GP-100 sales up here for sure, as guys fall over themselves to drop close to a grand into a S&W revolver.

A Ruger 1911 out for the 100th Anniversary is almost a slam dunk. Everyone else is selling 100 year Specials at silly prices so why not Ruger.

Take Care

Bob
ps And revolvers that don't need their throats reamed out so you can shoot lead boolits.

targetshootr
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
They're also coming out with a 45 colt 4" ribbed full lug RH.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/targetshootr/DSCN4781.jpg

Kidding of course, but it it would be nice.

dbldblu
01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I would like a Bisley Vaquero in .44 Special and I would like for it to weigh 28 to 30 ounces.

jeff100
01-05-2011, 03:16 AM
+1 on the .44 special Vaquero, or a .44 special Redhawk with 2" barrel.

We'd probably have better luck pushing the Ruger distributors like Lipseys or Davidsons on these special configurations. Just a thought.

I've been a fan of Bill Ruger all my life. With no more Rugers running the company, they're just another profit oriented corporation now. I'll be surprised if they maintain the quality they've had up to now, such as it is. Time will tell...

looseprojectile
01-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Ruger is.
I would think that a smaller size framed #1 say four fifths or even three fifths the size of the ones they make now would sell like hotcakes, seeing how well good quality older guns in really good condition sell. Just check on the prices of nice 1885 Winchester low walls. Twice at least, the price of a new Ruger #1.
Any old single shot is a treasure. A new one would be too.
A new ruger strong single shot rifle in several dozen of the newer smallish cartridges such as the .204 Ruger and .223 are what my dreams are made of.
Heavens, I would like to see the same kind of gun made by the Italians. I'd buy some. The mini Sharps comes to mind. What a neat little gun.

Life is good

Johnny_Cyclone
01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I'd Like to see:

a Super Blackhawk Hunter in .357 I think it would fit nicely between the Single Six Hunter and the .44mag.,45 Colt SBH Hunters.

Then maybe offer the GP100 set up for scope mounting, kind of a mini Super Redhawk.

oh, and also offer the GP100 in .44 Special, or a .45ACP moon clip version for fun and games

Sheesh...Ruger make something like a .44 Charter Bulldog?

and while were on that.... offer the SP101 in 9mm, and .40S&W limited runs like S&W does there little CCW revolvers.

and lets not forget to offer the No.1 Light Sporter in 30-40 Krag.

and after all these years don't you think it's time to offer a fill size M14ish rifle and not just the Mini version? You may be the only American company that can so make it available in .308, 7mm-08, .243 ect.

and...

Ok I'll stop here... this is too fun

rugerdude
01-23-2011, 03:10 AM
I'd like to see (but probably never will) the following:

1) 5 shot Bisley in .480, .50 AE or maybe .500 Special

2) Bring back the .357 Maximum (I want to convert one to .445 SM!)

3) 3" SP101 5 shot .41 Mag

4) 4" & 6" GP100 in 10mm