PDA

View Full Version : Deer is gone

44man
12-15-2010, 12:06 AM
The two ladies came and helped cut meat. We had an enjoyable time discussing the other woman down the road. She has coke bottle glasses and I have been on the side of the road when she drove past. I wave but she never sees me. She did not turn at the RR crossing and got stuck on the tracks. She got out but a freight train came and totaled her car.
I went with her in the rental to look at another car---OH MY GOD--I crushed the edge of the seat and the hand holds! :mrgreen: She has no in between with the gas pedal, to the floor and also the brakes.
Scared the heck out of me and I would not let her drive back after dark.
Imagine a little person jammed up against the wheel and the wheel going back and forth like crazy while she stares through it, the car weaving all over with the pedal to the metal.
I don't think she can see the instrument panel or the speedometer.
Telling a blind man to sit and wait for noise in the woods, then shoot at the noise until the gun is empty, is safer. :drinks:

home in oz
12-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Maybe the DMV needs to hear about her driving before she injures someone.

44man
12-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Maybe the DMV needs to hear about her driving before she injures someone.
This is WV! She passes the eye test for her license. You are 100% correct and someone should drive with her. IF THEY DARE!

2shot
12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I think I've seen her in my neck of the woods too! :kidding:

DLCTEX
12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds like an old rancher we had who finally had so many accidents that they pulled his license and then had to threaten him with jail to stop him from driving. His family finally hired him a driver. He almost got me one day.

Finster101
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
You guys aint seen nothin' Try living in "Retirement Central"

old turtle
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I live in Florida and am old my self but Finster is right. Your life is not worth a small wheel weight in a supermarket parking lot. God help anyone on a motorcycle.

2shot
12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
You guys aint seen nothin' Try living in "Retirement Central"

First time I went to visit my inlaws when they moved to Florida I didn't understand my FIL saying "count to 5 when the traffic signal turns green before you step on the gas". Didn't take long to figure that one out, seems like almost everybody in Florida goes through red lights while thy're munching on he steering wheel. :shock:

Alan
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
There's a reason they call it God's Waiting Room.

98Redline
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
God help anyone on a motorcycle.

I owned and rode a motorcycle when I lived down there. I can't count the number of times I was almost run over or run off the road.

Had one older feller that pulled out of a Publix parking lot, crossed straight over 3 lanes of traffic heavy traffic and attempted to get his 1980 Oldsmobile to occupy the same space as my motorcycle.....I was awful lucky that day.

markinalpine
12-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Sounds like an old rancher we had who finally had so many accidents that they pulled his license and then had to threaten him with jail to stop him from driving. His family finally hired him a driver. He almost got me one day.

For a target, or for a driver? :bigsmyl2:

Merry Christmas,
Mark [smilie=s:

GP100man
12-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I worked on vehicles most of my life & I still refuse to go on a "test drive" unless I drive , I`m too close to 50 to start now !!!

Learned this the hard way also !!!

But she still needs to cling on to a little independence , but not at the publics expense !!

This is a problem that requires attention in alot of areas !

Maybe a recognization & reaction test ???

44man
12-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I worked on vehicles most of my life & I still refuse to go on a "test drive" unless I drive , I`m too close to 50 to start now !!!

Learned this the hard way also !!!

But she still needs to cling on to a little independence , but not at the publics expense !!

This is a problem that requires attention in alot of areas !

Maybe a recognization & reaction test ???
Oh, her reactions are FAST. Pedal to the metal with gas and also brakes! :holysheep

2shot
12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh, her reactions are FAST. Pedal to the metal with gas and also brakes! :holysheep

I guess the trick would be not to eat before getting in her car. You wouldn't want to have her looking through a messy windshield would ya?:groner:

GP100man
12-18-2010, 09:40 AM
All I have left is BE CAREFULL & HANG ON !!!!

BLIND FOLDED !!!!! LOLLOL !!!

Bass Ackward
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Personally, I 'd say that this was a good reality check. We need that as we get older. The first thing to go is our ability to judge ourselves.

Still have the ability to judge others though huh? Sounds like she drives like you shoot deer.

Pull your hat down a little tighter, you'll be OK. :bigsmyl2:

44man
12-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Personally, I 'd say that this was a good reality check. We need that as we get older. The first thing to go is our ability to judge ourselves.

Still have the ability to judge others though huh? Sounds like she drives like you shoot deer.

Pull your hat down a little tighter, you'll be OK. :bigsmyl2:
:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2: I took her to return her rental and thank the Lord it was not damaged. I then took her to pick up the new one and I left her to go to the gun shop for primers. She didn't like me leaving, she said what if something happens? I told her if anything does, I will find you on the side of the road. [smilie=s:
I drove past her place yesterday and seen the new one in her yard. She has not called me so I don't know if a train pushed her home! :veryconfu