PDA

View Full Version : Star Boolit Feeder

garandsrus
10-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi,

Is the boolit feeder for a Star worth the $100 it costs? Does it speed up the sizing operation? If so, by how much?

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to using it?

Thanks,
John

10-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi,

Is the boolit feeder for a Star worth the $100 it costs? Does it speed up the sizing operation? If so, by how much?

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to using it?

Thanks,
John

YES YES YES I ONCE HAD A RELOADING BUSSINES CASTED A LOTS OF MY BULLETS USED A STAR SIZER FEAD BY HAND FIGERED OUT FEEDING NOSE FIRST WAS EASER. NOW THAT IS HOW THEY SAY TO PIT THE BULLET IN NOSE FIRST. NOW 25 YRS AFTER BEING OUT OF THE BUSSINES I GOT BACK IN TO SHOOTING CASTING AND RELOADING JUST FOR MY SELF. I BOUGHT A STAR LUBER WITH THE BULLET FEEDER AND THERE HEATER. BOY DOES IT MAKE IT A LOTS EASER, FASTER, AND SAFER. I HAD A PERSON TAKE A CHUNCK OUT OF THERE FINGER WHILE SIZING BULLETS FOR ME BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO GO FAST AND DID NOT TURN THE BULLET LOOSE BEFORE THER PULLED THE RAM DOWN. YOU JUST FILL UP THE TUBES, I HAVE 20 THAT WILL HOLD ABOUT 1000 BULLETS THEN THE NEXT NIGHT LUBE THEM. IT IS PROBLEY 3-4 TIMES FASTER THAN BY IND. BULLET. AND A LOTS SAFFER. YOU PULL THE HANDLE WITH ONE HAND AND LET THE BULLETS DROP IN TO THE OTHER HAND. I DO IT THAT WAY TO INSPECT THEM AS I LUBE. I LUBE 9MM 150GR-38 SPL 158 SWC-- 45ACP 200GR. GET THE SHUVAL HANDLE IT MAKES IT EASER .. GOOD LUCK.

garandsrus
10-18-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the reply... Are you able to add a lubed bullet back into the mix whenever you choose to or would you need to wait until the tube is empty and then add it?

Do you fill the tubes by adding bullets one at a time or is there some type of gadget that helps with filling?

Thanks again,
John

Springfield
10-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I inspect my bullets as they go into the tubes, then just size away later. Don't know if it is that much faster but it feels like it is. Certainly easier to do. And like the other poster said, you can't get your finger in the way when going faster. You can add a lubed bullet back in any time. Actually is a good idea to do that if you are sizing down more than a couple thousandths, lubes the sizer and makes it go much easier. My tubes only hold 25 bullets but it times out well in that I usually need to crank the lube handle by that time anyway, Big Lube(tm) bullets hold so much more lube it goes fast.

LAH
10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
I used the tubes for the bullets I sold. This way I caught them with my left hand when they left the sizing die and could inspect each to be sure the lube groove was full. I use PVC plastic pipe for feed tubes.

Even if you don't prefill tubes and only use a single short tube it safer to feed the tube with your left hand than to feed the die. BTW these bullet feeders work great.

Creeker

garandsrus
10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the bullet feeder... It sounds like something to put on the "I want one" list!

John