PDA

View Full Version : What Saeco top punch for a Lyman 457193?

deepwater
12-14-2010, 01:25 PM
What Saeco top punch for a Lyman 457193?
Is it Saeco #45015 of #45525?

thanks,
Fred

JCherry
12-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Deepwater,

Not sure which SAECO top punch is correct for your application but what has worked for me is to get the appropriate Lyman top punch for the Lyman bullet I'm using, put some bullet lube into the top punch hole of your SAECO sizer to hold the Lyman top punch in place. When you want to go back to your SAECO top punches just clean the lube out with a q-tip.

Have Fun,

JCherry

John Boy
12-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Deepwater - a good top punch can be made using heavy aluminum foil (pie pans works good). Fold the aluminum into a small square - put some lube on one side - seat on top of bullet - drop the handle onto any existing TP of the same caliber and you will have a TP the perfect size of the nose of the bullet different from the TP in the lube/sizer

I have over 50 moulds of different bullets by caliber but only 7 or 8 top punches ranging from 25 - 50 caliber. I also do a lot of pan lubing and for those bullets that need resizing for accuracy ... the Lee Lube/Sizer with the different diameter dies works better than a Star or Lyman. Plus, the bullets are pushed from the bottom up so the axis of the bullet is not distorted. Provides better concentricity of the round in the chamber