PDA

View Full Version : Scored over 110lbs gross

corey012778
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
well, my old source paid off big time. 110+lbs before sort weight for $11.20. I am figuring 80% clip on, 10% stick on, and 10% trash.

only found 3 tire stickers, 1 candy bar wrapper, and 5 tire stems. they are good about not putting reg. trash in the wheel weights.

told them I be back every 2 weeks. when I get paid, the owner smiled and shuck his head.

have some questionable weights, some marked Fe, some mark AL, and some with an AL-makers marks.

[smilie=w:

x101airborne
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Yuup.. must be the day for it. i got around 300 pounds of ww and about same of used 60/40 solder drippings from the radiator shop. Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

LT89
12-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Damn you people, how come you get such lucky finds! I'm glad for the both of you though, due to new EU legislation introduced a couple of years ago, lead can't be used anymore for any new weights in vehicles weighing less than 3-4 ton. Fortunately there's still some old lead WW's available from tire replacement centers, car scrappers and garages cause they're obliged to keep it when they remove it from old tires, but more and more of it is being replaced by Zink and Iron these days. Finding a good source for plenty of cheap lead is getting very hard for those who cast boolits in NL. Pesky environmental laws.

corey012778
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
congrats 101,

I may also try a few other places once I get more funds. and see if I can score some more myself.

ahhbach
12-13-2010, 10:40 PM
My boss said to clean the store room out of anything not used anymore. In a bin marked lead wedge I found about 60-80 lbs of babbit. My boss said take it no one here wants it and Lead being the deadly substance it is has to be specially disposed of. I am thinking mixed with some range lead for rifle bullets

Murph :mrgreen: