PDA

View Full Version : Time limit when posting?

Greg in Malad
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok, i'm not the fastest typer and I admit it, but it seems that half the time when I click submit I get a message that says i'm logged out. The top of the screen says i'm logged in, so is there a time limit when writing a message? Can I change it?

RayinNH
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Greg I'm a slow typer too. The easiest thing to do is hit the f5 key every now and then. It will refresh the web page and keep you from timing out...Ray

oneokie
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, and No. Easiest thing to do is before clicking on submit, copy your text (ctrl+c) then hit submit. If you have to log back in, do so, then find the thread you were responding to and click on reply to topic, click in the box and paste your text in the box. (ctrl+V)

wallenba
12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Happens to me too. If I catch it I just copy and paste it back in after I log back in.

c3d4b2
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Yes, and No. Easiest thing to do is before clicking on submit, copy your text (ctrl+c) then hit submit. If you have to log back in, do so, then find the thread you were responding to and click on reply to topic, click in the box and paste your text in the box. (ctrl+V)

You may know this, but just in case......

You need to highlight the text (hold the left mouse key down and drag it over the text) before using the (ctrl+c).

45nut
12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
99.89765% of the issue is not checking the "remember me" box when you log in. DO that and i'll bet that issue is resolved.

home in oz
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
So how long do we have to post?

jhrosier
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
When (not if) you forget to hit the Remember Me button, hit the back button on your browser to reload the previous page with your text intact. Then copy it to a safe place like Notepad while you log back in.

Jack

Greg in Malad
12-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys,
It seems that not only do I type slow, but I am also compooter stupid!

timkelley
12-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys,
It seems that not only do I type slow, but I am also compooter stupid!

You and a bunch of (we) others.:???:

Greg in Malad
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey Ken was right, click" remember me" and it really helps.
Tim Kelley, are you on the little salmon river by Riggins?

firefly1957
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Don't feel bad I have the same issue and it took me two days to get "my ugly mug " posted but we are all learning . I hope the remember me hint works.:veryconfu

lead Foot
12-13-2010, 03:45 AM
I just reverse the page and hit manage attachments ~ long in and cancel and you are ready to go.
Lead foot;

cajun shooter
12-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't feel like you are on a island by yourself. I first signed on I would become so upset until I was told about the remember me thing. When I was in high school it was only the girls who took typing. When I was taking my classes at LSU I paid to have any typed pages to submit. When I became a cop we did all reports in long hand and they were typed by our division secretary. I am 63 now and a good H&P man.

AZ-Stew
12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Another option is to compose your post in Windows Notepad, an ASCII text editor, availble under All Programs>Accessories. You can hold the Control key and drag a shortcut to it out onto your desktop, giving you instant access to it at all times. Text can be copied or cut and pasted freely back and forth between Notepad and the Reply screens in Cast Boolits. It's a useful tool and much easier to use than it is to describe in writing how to use it.

Regards,

Stew

bigdog454
12-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Why can't the Sysop just increase the timeout time, that would solve it all.

Rocky Raab
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Many features of a program like this are designed to prevent hacking or spam. They work very well when dealing with automated hacking attempts, but have the side effect of also locking out real people whose actions seem like they are machine-generated.

firefly1957
12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the remember me tip did not have to relog in yesterday and did not need to sign in today.

Mumblypeg
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Don't feel bad Greg, You have no idea how many times I've typed long stuff to post and lost because I didn't know any better. My wife almost left me cause I cursed so much and banged on the computer table... so she finaly showed me how to save it. I'm computer illigitimate too![smilie=b: