PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Sizer 4500 Heater?

340six
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I went ahead and ordered one and it was here yesterday when I put it in the metal part sticks out 7/16"-1/2"
Thus a gap between the plastic and a the sizer body.
Is this they way they are?

markinalpine
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
That's about the same as mine.
Hint: If you loosen the lock screw, you can slide the heater out and reduce the heat. I plug mine in with the heater all the way in for about 20 minutes, then slide it out about half way so it doesn't get too soft. I don't know how far, but I made some marks testing and left the one that works best for my favorite lube. I don't bother to tighten the lock screw, the heater fits snugly enough.
Mark :coffeecom

taminsong
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Mark,

I didn't know that!:D

I just plug the thing and when its hot enough pull it off and do the sizing job. Yeah, you have to plug it again when the heat goes down!

I will try your idea, I think its cool!

Kynth

markinalpine
12-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Mark,

I didn't know that!:D

I just plug the thing and when its hot enough pull it off and do the sizing job. Yeah, you have to plug it again when the heat goes down!

I will try your idea, I think its cool!

Kynth

Thanks, but I read about that somewhere else, probably on this board. I use a lube concoction of my own that needs some heat to flow, so I keep the heater fully in for 20 minutes or so, then pull it about halfway out. YMMV (as its said, Your Mileage May Vary) so you'll have to play around a little. I can't even SEE my loobsizer right now anyway, it's buried under stuff. As usual. I don't even want to think about my reloading bench.
Merry Christmas,
Mark [smilie=s: