PDA

View Full Version : looking for berdan primes have someone seen em?

maximus
12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Hello guy i have benn looking for surplus berdan primers or any kind berdan primers if someone has seen em let me know please.[smilie=b:

maximus
12-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I think tula is supossed to make them but none of the regular stores has them .

camerl2009
12-11-2010, 08:57 PM
i can get some but dont think i can ship to you

SciFiJim
12-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Powder Valley, Inc (http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/) lists them as out of stock under Tula primers. You might be able to back order them and wait for Powder Valley to get them in.

wiljen
12-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Grafs.com carries the Tula berdan primers too. Not sure if they have any in stock at the moment, but worth a look.

Papa Jack
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Might try Wideners.... They are supposed to have em...
Also try Old Western Scrounger, they are suppliers of all the German primers and percussion caps, RWS, Rottwiel, others...They have moved from Calif. to East coast..
good luck.....PJ

http://www.wideners.com/

3006guns
12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I really wish Berdans would start to be a semi-regular item at most of the reloader supply stores. Admittedly, there's several different sizes to contend with, but when you have a big pile of nice solid "non reloadable" military brass it tears your heart out to toss it.

NuJudge
12-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Where do you live? If you were close by, I can help a little.

What cartridge do you want to use them in? Berdan primers come in many diameters, heights, hardnesses and strengths. Of the TulAmmo (made by Murom in Russia) primers that Graffs recently brought in, they were .217" diameter and rather short, pretty weak, and intended for the 7.62x39. They worked great in Yugo and Sako 7.62x39. Use of them in the 7.5x55 gave me a lot of hangfires and some duds.

A decade ago PMC brought in a lot of .217" Berdan primers under their own brand (they long ago ran out). Those primers were also made by Murom, but were taller and a lot stronger, but the metal seemed to me to be soft. They work great in the 7.5x55, Albanian and early Bulgarian 7.62x54R, and some other calibers.

Graffs has made noises about bringing in both .217" varieties some time soon. I'd really like for them to bring in some in .250" and .254" also.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-19-2010, 12:13 PM
maximus,
it'd be nice if your posted your location when asking for an item that is a PIA to ship.
I recently sold (550) .217s at a gunshow super cheap ($10) cuz no one would pay the shipping and hazmatt fees for such a small quantity.
Jon

warriorsociologist
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I have 3k of the PMC large rifle (.217) red box (non corrosive -- 'the good ones") that I was planning on listing later tonight. I bought a case of them a number of years ago when they announced they were discontinuing them. I just ran across this thread so I figured I'd give you a heads up. I want to move all of them in one shipment. Just watch the exchange section for my ad.
-Chris

wiljen
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I have 3k of the PMC large rifle (.217) red box (non corrosive -- 'the good ones") that I was planning on listing later tonight. I bought a case of them a number of years ago when they announced they were discontinuing them. I just ran across this thread so I figured I'd give you a heads up. I want to move all of them in one shipment. Just watch the exchange section for my ad.
-Chris

Unless you are hazmat certified this has to be a face-to-face sale as it is illegal to ship them otherwise.