PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Mauser carbine!

Freightman
12-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Went to the gunshow and was sitting at a old friends table when a man walked up and ask, "what is a Jap 6.5 short rifle worth? well I didn't know as I had never seen a Jap short rifle. He went to the car and got it and brought it back. My friend and I looked and said you do not have a Jap rifle it was a unissued no import marked Swedish Mauser carbine with a manlinker type stock clear to the end, looks to have never been fired. We said we didn't have the money or trade goods to get it but do not let these dealers steal it from you. He left and another friend who is a serious collector , (and always has money) he is a nuclear scientist for the DOD and single. We told him about it and I went with him to find the man , when we did he struck a deal and I feel as if I saved a piece of history as he will keep it in pristine condition. I did my good deed today and anyhow I might just get to shoot it as we are members of the same range.

Hardcast416taylor
12-11-2010, 03:50 PM
That would be the Model 94 carbine. I also have one, in about very good condition. You don`t run across them to often these days in much of any condition. Your friend did indeed grab a good buy due to you.Robert

Freightman
12-11-2010, 06:07 PM
He owes me a cup of coffee for that! he has a fabulous collection.

bob208
12-12-2010, 10:35 AM
i have one it does have the pice on the muzzle to make it leagle like the forst ones imported did. it have no import stamps. it came in in the 70's. it has the sling the sight compinsetion plate on the stock and i have the bayonet and scabert for it.

northmn
12-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Shot a couple of deer with a Sweedish carbine and a few varmits. They were imported back in the 70's and more common. Really respected as a deer getter with the old Norma 156 grain round nose. A lot got bubbized. Mine had a scope.

DP

looseprojectile
12-30-2010, 05:50 PM
in 1955 from Ye Old Hunter. Was $29.95 and $5.00 hand pick. It was new.
Arrived at my door via the mail man. No paper work. I sporterizd it.
I now have a Skoolshootin carbine and an 1899 Mauser made Swede long rifle.
These are to be treasured. And fired. And not altered.

Life is good