PDA

View Full Version : Lee came through.

45-70 Chevroner
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
I have an old Lee Pro 20-4 bottom pour furnace (20 years old at least, and thats old in melting pot years). The bottom pour mechinizum came apart while I had my back turned, lead poured out all over the table about 3# before I got it stopped. I used my ingot molds to catch the rest. I called Lee and they are sending me the parts to fix the pot. No charge no hassel, nice people. I have always liked Lee equipment and this just reinforces my feelings for them. I wounder if Lee will pay for the clean up also. [smilie=l:

12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Excellent. My dealings with Lee haven't produced the same results.

Lucky Joe
12-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I think I heard Lee is under a newer more user friendly management as of late. This could be the reason for the better customer service I've been hearing about.

45-70 Chevroner
12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I got the parts on saturday. I installed them and now all I have to do is find time to try it out.
P.S. they even paid the shipping.

Wayne Smith
12-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I think I heard Lee is under a newer more user friendly management as of late. This could be the reason for the better customer service I've been hearing about.

Huh - did the people who used to work for Lee go to work for Lyman??

jonk
12-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Try getting the vaunted RCBS to warranty anything electronic. I found out the hard way that while their service for their dies, molds, and presses is excellant, they won't cover electronic components.

Kudos to Lee.

steve in kc
12-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I've had 2 customer service experiences with LEE and both were excellent. The decapping pin on my sizing die broke...called them up and had a new pin in 2 days. No hassle. No shipping.

The lever on my autoprime tool snapped a few months ago (haven't reloaded since bow season started) and again, I called them up today, real person on the phone, no hassles, no shipping and I should have it by the end of the week.

Great company to work with!

Cowboy T
12-24-2010, 01:31 AM
I gotta agree. My own experiences with them, when I've had to call 'em, have also been good, and stories like yours are being told in a lot of places. Looks like they're taking care of people.