PDA

View Full Version : Update on KirkD's 2011 gun calendar

KirkD
12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Boys, I have some good news, followed by some bad news, followed by some good news.

I ordered three calendars to give to some friends of mine. I got them two days ago.

The Good News: The pages are printed on nice, thick card stock and they are coil bound with a steel coil spring. That is nice

The Bad News: All the photos were off center. For two calendars, they were about 1/8" off center to the left and for the other calendar they were off center to the left. The result is that the border is not the same thickness on either side of the photos. Also, all photos were shifted down from the 'safe' area that their template shows. The result is that the coil holes cut into some of the captions that are two lines.

The Good News: I contacted the folks at CafePress yesterday about this. This morning, I got an email telling me that they are re-printing my three calendars for me and will ship them out right away. To save postage, they told me to simply dispose of the defective three.

I've been in the saddle long enough to not stake the farm that these next three replacement calendars will be perfect, but at least they are giving it a try. If I make up another calendar in the future, I won't be putting a border around the photos, but will have the photos bleed off the page, but it is too late for this year. My 2009 calendar had no borders and only one-line captions, so there was a lot of tolerance on the centering.

I'm pretty sure that any folks that have ordered this calendar may have the same problem. If so, you can contact them at http://help.cafepress.com/hc/s-74058960/cmd/kbresource/kb-9205303005674051412/escalate!PAGETYPE?VisitorProfile=cafepress and, hopefully, they will treat you the same.

I sure feel bad about this boys. When I make something for someone else, I want it to be of good quality. Some might think I'm a bit of a stickler for detail, but I want those photos to be centered. Here, in the 21st century, I don't see why it can't be done, so I'm really hoping they do right. My apologies for all this.

P.S. So far, I've sold 26 calendars. At $4 each (my cut of the pie), that means a bullet mould for my 45-70 is in the works :D

KirkD
12-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Yesterday, I received three more of my calendars. All of them are perfectly centered. I've also got word from a few others who ordered them and theirs were perfectly centered as well. If any of you receive any that are not centered, let them know and they should replace them, as they did for me. Hope you all enjoy your calendars. At the end of the year, you might even wish to cut out a page or two to put in a frame and hang up in your re-loading room. If anyone wants to order one here is the link http://www.cafepress.com/KirkD . Wish you all a very blessed Christmas. :wink: Here's a Christmas photo for you (the December page in the calendar) ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/3855Win/Desktop%20Photos/December-smallt.jpg