PDA

View Full Version : S&W .44mag Stealth Hunter

snowwolfe
12-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Have one of these due in any day. 7.5 inch barrel, built by the Performance shop.
Was wondering if anyone else here has one and if your shooting casts would appreciate hearing from you as to what style, weight, diameter, etc you are finding to be the most accurate.
Thanks in advance.

HEAD0001
12-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Are you getting the original green one, or the newer black one. When they first came out I bought one of the green ones. One of the best shooting revolvers I have ever seen.

At one time I shot some jacketed bullets in mine. But then I switched over to a 240 grain Lyman bullet. If I do my part, it will shoot 2" groups at 100 yards. And all the cylinders shoot to same POI. Great revolver.

I mounted a Leupold Gilmore red dot sight. That sight works perfectly for me. I am not much for optics on revolvers. This is my only revolver that wears any optics. But the revolver shoots so well it needs optics to take advantage of how well it shoots. Tom.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o223/HEAD0001/IMG_0468.jpg

snowwolfe
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Mine will be the black version.
What do you size your boolits to? GC or not?

HEAD0001
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
No gas checks. I would have to check my sizer before I could be 100% sure as to what diameter I size the bullet to. I buy a different sizing die for each bullet that I shoot in each individual firearm. So I would have to check in the actual box for that revolver. It has been a few years since I cast any bullets for this revolver.

Personally I have gotten away from the 44 magnum in favor of the45 Colt. I am actually replacing all my 44 magnums with 45 Colts. I like the 45 Colt that much better. Tom.