PDA

View Full Version : Problems lee mold 9mm

maximus
12-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Hello well im having some trouble with my mold , before it used to drop great bullets, now all bullets come out with a line in the middle , where the mold meets to close all arround the bullet is a thin line, i tryed lubeing it , cleaning the mold with a brush , and the line still there. :cbpour:

docone31
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you have a piece of lead somewhere in the alignment part.
I would look around the pins on the bottom of the mold.
Somewhere you have a random piece of lead.

Moonie
12-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Or possibly one of the alignment pins has come lose and is preventing the mold from closing all the way.

Normally you find lead on the block face when this occurs however.

prickett
12-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Or possibly one of the alignment pins has come lose and is preventing the mold from closing all the way.

Normally you find lead on the block face when this occurs however.

I had the same problem and it was that the alignment pin didn't fit into the female side. A rat's tail file fixed that (and the casting of oversized bullets)

MtGun44
12-10-2010, 12:48 AM
What lube are you using? If not Bullplate lube from the Bull Shop (link below) you are
missing a great aid and if you are using boolit lube, you may be building up crud as it
burns up and leaves a nasty residue which could be holding your mold halves apart.

For me it is usually a piece of lead. Poor lubrication could also be preventing the alignment features
from working properly.

Bill