PDA

View Full Version : How to date a mould? RCBS

340six
12-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I just got a used mint looks like it was never casted with other than the seller saying it was.
Has 09-115 on it as that is the 9mm and 115grain
And also has 67 thats it. It is in a cardboard green RCBS box and had the limited warrenty paper saying the limiting warranty statement under the law passed in 1975.

MT Gianni
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
The sales receipt is the method I use. With Lyman you can get a good idea from the boxes, orange plastic, orange & black stripes, black on white stripes and Ideal stamp, vent lines or not. I don't know about RCBS,

Longone
12-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Is it proper to drink on the first date?

Dennis Eugene
12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
No not really proper to drink,but castin's ok. Dennis

340six
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info and a chuckle I just find it interesting at times to find some thing that is 20-30 and lots of times 40 years old still new and never used.
In restoring cars funding new old stock Parts that just sat around waiting.

I have 2 never used Jacks one is worth 500-600 if sold that I got for some parts and little cash And one thats like 250
Same with just about anything, not that is makes a mould more valuable. I worked sals and installs of carpet, ceramic tile and wood for 32 years and saw every thing in someones home. as everything in every room gets moved to clear the floor
The things I saw at times would floor you {pun intended}
Once I was working in a ladies home who was going to sell the home since the kids were so old they had kids and husband had died and was going to down size.
Dad and I found 25-30 guns new in boxes never fired here and ther and she did not even know they had guns other than the one they kept encase of brake-in
Few months back my dad gave me a Keg of Red Dot that sat on a shelf for 30 years inside his home And few 1000"s of large and smaller primers as now I do the reloading for him.