PDA

View Full Version : mould handles

speakski
10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm just getting started in casting (bought a lyman mould last week) do all handles fir all moulds or only lyman for lyman RCBS for RCBS etc.

Thanks for a great forum

Steve

trooperdan
10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Some handles do fit other molds but the best bet is to get Lyman for Lyman, etc

Buckshot
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
.............Lymans pretty much only fit Lymans, I think. However the Lee 6 cavity handles which are very nice for the money will fit Lyman, Saeco and Mountain Moulds blocks. They'll also fit RCBS blocks if you thin them just a tad.

..............Buckshot

Leftoverdj
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
The Lyman small blocks need their own handles, but I use RCBS and large Lyman handles interchangably on what two cavity moulds I have. Lyman 4 cavity mould take a different handle as well.

speakski
10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the help.

Speakski

44man
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I drill another set of holes in some handles and they then fit about anything, small or large blocks, RCBS, Lyman and NEI.

GLL
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM
I would like to second Buckshot's comments about Lee handles. They are inexpensive but work very well on most moulds. I have pretty much settled on RCBS and Lee handles for all of my own moulds. The only exception is that I use Ballisti-Cast handles on H&G and Ballisti-Cast moulds. Lyman handles always seem a little delicate for my heavy handled casting technique ! ;)

Jerry

Newtire
10-18-2006, 11:58 PM
The Lyman small blocks need their own handles, but I use RCBS and large Lyman handles interchangably on what two cavity moulds I have. Lyman 4 cavity mould take a different handle as well.

Hey Leftover,
I did like 44 and cut an extra set of holes in a set of Saeco handles & they fit the Lyman 4-cavity. I don't care for those "End-hinged" Lymans as I'm always getting lead slopped over onto the hinge.

redneckdan
10-19-2006, 07:34 AM
lee handles work with every mold I've tried. Had to take a couple draw file strokes off the top to get them to fit an rcbs mould. They even fit the tiny single cavity lyman blocks.

Newtire
10-19-2006, 08:21 AM
lee handles work with every mold I've tried. Had to take a couple draw file strokes off the top to get them to fit an rcbs mould. They even fit the tiny single cavity lyman blocks.

Thanks RND. Will try that this weekend with a couple Lee handles I have. they sure are lots cheaper than anything else too and well made.