RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson Center Customer service .....

Boolit Grand Master

Thompson Center Customer service .....

The hammer spring broke in my TC Contender last week. It's 20 years old and seen lots of rounds so I've no complaint with that. I called the customer service number friday and got a message that all service representatives were busy and was put on hold. After about 15 minutes a new message came on telling me about the business hours and to leave a message. I left a message asking about getting a new spring. Thought I'd back that up so I sent them an email to the "contact us" email they listed. I called first thing monday morning PST (3 hours behind TC in EST) and got put on hold again. After a few minutes a message came on telling me the extension I asked for (? I didn't ask for an extension) was busy and to leave a message and the customer service representative would call me back. I left my name, phone # and a description of the problem. Monday morning passed and I got no response so I called again. Same mesage, put on hold, told to leave message and then hung up on. Called this morning, same same, and left 3rd message, no response. Called at 1 pm, same message, left message, no response.

Anyone know of where i can get a hammer spring for a Contender except through TC?

I am not a happy camper.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

Sieverts Guns in Pueblo, Colorado is a service station for TC or they used to be when I lived there. They updated my Contender at no cost to me. They should have one. Try 719-564-0035 Good luck.

Skeet1

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks Skeet1, I'll call them first thing in the morning.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    let us know how this works out with the guys in Colorado!

Your not the only one who would prefer to do business with someone that thinks customers actually keep the lights on!

Boolit Master
    Larry,

I got one, you're welcome to it. PM me where to send. Brand new, never needed it, T/C has always rebuilt n/c, Lifetime warrranty. T/C customer SVC has always been top notch for me.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K View Post
    Larry,

I got one, you're welcome to it. PM me where to send. Brand new, never needed it, T/C has always rebuilt n/c, Lifetime warrranty. T/C customer SVC has always been top notch for me.

Jon
    PM sent. I sure do hope this is just a disconect and not their usual MO. I've had their products for a long time and didn't have this happen the one time I called them in the past. They answered right away on the first call and took good care of my problem. Wasn't TC bought out by a major company recently? (Remington comes to mind).

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    I bought parts last yr about this time. The invoice had a S&W Logo on it!

Boolit Grand Master

S&W....I am doomed

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

Mike Bellm of Bellm TCs should have anything you need for Thompson Center Contender and Encores. Just put Bellm TCs in your search engine.
    Larry Miller

Boolit Master
    Thompson Center Customer service sucks..... +1. I bought a 17m2 carbine barrel. It splits just about 80% of the fired cases. I sent it back after weeks of trying to get a hold of someone on the phone, also with no luck. They sent it back saying it was fixed. I took it out and now it splits 90% of the cases. I'll never buy anything from t/c ever again. Their quality and service is without a doubt the worst in the industry.

Last edited by scb; 11-20-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Master
    What a shame the big green R is ruining yet another previously fine product.
    BIC/BS

Larry
    Make a slave pin just the width of the hammer. Slip the new spring in the hammer install the slave pin , push the hammer into the frame and push the slave pin out with the hammer pin.
    Mugs
    Shoot only Cast Bullets!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    What a shame the big green R is ruining yet another previously fine product.
    BIC/BS
    I thought Smith & Wesson bought Thompson Center.

Larry

Boolit Master
    OOPS! My mistake. I mean big grean S&W. Now that dont sound right either.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    Lets see T/C CS is bad because of S&W and H&R CS is bad because of Remington, you ever think the larger a co. is the worst the service gets? Big isn't better! look at the government. There is not a decent gun store in Amarillo due to the box stores, ran all the mom and pop stores out, ther isn't a smith that is trustworthy because the box stores ran them out.
    Gun control doesn't need legislation just needs box stores and poor service. We will get rid of our guns by de-fault. Over priced ammo, primers, powder, and make lead against the law. Might ought to get a sling shot.
    Who are you depending on to protect your rights? The Government! like that is going to work. The NRA (I am a member) they found out there is money in "protecting our rights"
    I think we are out on a limb and sawing the wrong side and the fall may be terminal.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I also have been trying to get a reply from T/C via the "leave a message" phone tag, after 5 un-returned calls I finally gave up and asked to speak to the President of the Company, Tyler Stone, I spoke to Gail McKuhen , his secretary instead and explained my frustration and related the problems laid out by Larry and scb as well, I will be passing along their contact information in a email so they can finally get some attention.

I expect a call back from Gail soon as well as some more information as to how to improve communications between ourselves and the company.

I have been a owner of T/C's for decades and in the past my contact with them has always been top notch and in fact superior to most company service experiences.
    The versatility of the products has to be unequaled in my mind when you consider the rimfire to centerfire equation and from 17's to ,, yes,, a insane 600 Nitro.
    I had always been proud to own these guns and the recent customer service nightmare should be regarded as an anomaly and not a reflection of their roots.
    I certainly hope by speaking to Gail personally we can make progress and get these issues resolved.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

45nut

Thanks a lot, you "da man"!

Like I said earlier I do hope this is just a disconect or their answering service isn't working right. I too have owned TC products (I have this Contender and numerous barrels along with a Blk Mtn Magnum muzzle loader - also had a Hawkin in years past) and have been very satisfied with them. I'll post the results of the call. Thanks again.

Freightman

Not sure where your coming from. In business, big or small, customer service should be a priortiy as without customers you have no business. Doesn't matter whether it is firearms realated or anything else. I am a Life NRA memebr BTW.

Larry Gibson

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I heard back from Gail, my 444 extractor is going out fedex today, I hope Larry and scb have as good a response !
    I really expect that to be the case and will adjust the title of this thread if warranted.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

45nut

I hadn't recieved a call from Gail and since it is pushing their closing time back east I thought I'd call and leave a message (a nice one) for Gail. Halfway through the recorded message a very nice gal named Dianne answered for customer service. She took my name and address and a spring is on the way. Kudo's to TC for correcting a problem.

I am a happy camper now and have 2 springs on the way. I will pass one forward to anyone in need as Jon K has graciously sent me one also. Please correct the title when scb is satisfied. If anyone needs a hammer spring for a Contender let me know and it will be off to them.

Thanks to all including Thompson Center.

Larry Gibson

Thompson Center isn't a large company, and the new owners, Smith&Wesson just laid off 88, or more people according to a guy I know that lives very near by. That could be what has customer service kind of messed up right now.
    Last edited by NHlever; 11-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.