Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTS: 8 pounds of CFE Pistol pickup only in SW MN

Moderator Emeritus

WTS: 8 pounds of CFE Pistol pickup only in SW MN

I have an opened pound of CFE Pistol I have barely used and I don't load much for J-words anymore. So the 8 pound jug is surplus. Asking $140 and pickup only in SW MN(25 miles west of Redwood Falls).

Boolit Master

I have found a very good load for this stuff in a 45 acp. It is 7.5 grains with a H&G 68 copy. Very accurate.

Moderator Emeritus

I shoot 9mm and 380 acp... haven't found cast data for those plus I have LOTS of powder to use for cast boolits! This was from my nephews when they were shooting with me a lot. They wanted to replace the powder they used up and didn't ask me. Went with what the guy at the store told them was great stuff... same guy who claims cast boolits will blow up your pistol! Plus they knew I had a pound on hand but it gets used only for the 380acp and 9mm hollow points I load for home defense.

Banned
    Mary,

They list some basic loads for 9mm. I would make the assumption that you could start on the bottom of the load table and be safe. I think it would make a decent load with 147gr cast bullet at a bit less than 900 fps.

I'm currently running a fun 9mm load with Unique of 3.4 grains with a 160gr rn cast bullet. Extremely accurate. If I lived close I would buy.

Moderator Emeritus

Yup I have been using Unique a lot. think I have 14 pounds on hand LOL So the CFE Pistol is surplus, also have 700x, Titegroup, Blue and Green dot... have a good selection of powders to play with.

Boolit Master
    Wish I was closer (Western NY) or I would jump on this

Boolit Master

8 Lbs in a .380! Yeah thats a LOT of shooting! I guess they wanted to make sure you had enough.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

Bump Again! Well they come and shoot with me but now they are mostly shooting rifle... one lives in AK and moose hunts every year, the other lives in northern MN and deer hunts with rifle. My nieces still come shoot pistol at times but now they all have kids so not as often either. So I have way to much pistol powder on hand. Now the 10 pounds of CFE223 won't last long...

Boolit Master

Hodgdon now has load data for 115gr and 125gr lead bullets for 9mm with CFE Pistol if you want to head to their website if you can't find a buyer.
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    If we ever are plagued with another President who is anti 2nd Amendment you may wish you still had this 8 pound jug.
    I am presently using a powder last made about 1975 and it still does nicely in 38 Special, 357 mag and 44 WCF all with our cast slugs. Nobel #60 it is labeled. Well stored powder is a good investment.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Moderator Emeritus

I am 57, have major back issues that will probably kill me in 5-10 years or at a minimum put me in a wheelchair. I m shooting less so I do not need 10 years worth of powder sitting around for family to try and sell(I am the only one who reloads).

MaryB
    I’m struggling with a real bad back also. 5 back surgeries by the time I was 45 and at 49 I now need another one. Genetics is a real bad deal for some like me. Just wanted to say sorry about your issues but don’t give up. Sometimes beating the odds is not likely but people still do all the time.
    Hang in there and laugh when you can.

Uncle Dave

Moderator Emeritus

Doc told me I would be in a wheelchair by 50... beat that by 7 years already!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    MaryB
    I’m struggling with a real bad back also. 5 back surgeries by the time I was 45 and at 49 I now need another one. Genetics is a real bad deal for some like me. Just wanted to say sorry about your issues but don’t give up. Sometimes beating the odds is not likely but people still do all the time.
    Hang in there and laugh when you can.

Uncle Dave

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    Mary, If you get near Rochester, I might be interested in taking it off your hands...

Moderator Emeritus

I am about as far from Rochester as you can get going west and bit north LOL think it is ~175 miles or so...

Boolit Master
    Reside near MPLS. Sadly I just can't justiy the 290 mile roundtrip and cost of the powder (140 $) to be a profitable venture for me. The distance is equal to my driving from Mpls to Canada. (International Falls/Fort Francis) If the powder were free. I might? reconsider.

Boolit Bub
    Do you ever make it up to the duluth area?

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry but I no longer travel with my bad back. Driving = pain! MPLS and back is ~ 225 mile round trip, still a haul!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Good mourning young lady

Can you use any 9MM brass?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Moderator Emeritus

Think I have 5k pieces of 9mm brass on hand lol and I get a couple hundred every range trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Good mourning young lady

Can you use any 9MM brass?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast