Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Tribute To The 1911

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    Heh heh.. Gotta love the Duke! & the meme suits well.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by joe leadslinger View Post
    I thought this was for praise to the 1911 not a glock thread.
    Oh well :kidding
    Joe...how many times do I have to tell'Ya Pard....heheheee....they're called 'GLUCKS'.

I think a picture is worth a thousand words...someone famous must'a said that.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Those are some mighty fine grips!! Rams horn? What color/brand powder coat is that on The boolits?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Those are some mighty fine grips!! Rams horn? What color/brand powder coat is that on The boolits?
    One of the fellas here in CB's made me two sets of those Ram's Horn grips a couple years back...he does fine work, can't recall his name...sorry.
    That PC is a 50/50 mixture of Sherwin Williams black gloss & white gloss...it varies a bit but overall I call it 'old lead'.

Boolit Grand Master

I have 1 colt 1911 in 38 super 2 Kimber 1911s in 45 acp one with a marvel conversion 1 Kimber ultra carry 45 acp to .22 rimfire 1 Colt delta elite in 10mm A Springfield govt built to 38 spl. Also 1 Glock 40 S&W and 1 berretta 92 9mm. I prefer the grips on the 1911s over the wider double stacks, the controls on the 1911s are more comfortable for me. In my hands and eye sight the 1911a shoot much better for me than the Glock or berretta do. I also prefer the 1911s trigger pull over the Glock and Berretta. Just me and my views. I wouldn't feel under gunned or out classed with any of them ( well maybe the Kimber if it had the conversion on it) in a serious situation, But for my personal use the 1911 gets the nod. Its not so much the handgun but te training and familiarity with it.

A guy that knows a Black hawk or Single action army intimately isn't going to be under gunned with it in his hands.

Wow, Mr. OS OK, that's-a nice-a!

Boolit Master
    I have to admit I like to shoot 1911's, if they are not the worn out GI models I fired in the Army. Mine have aftermarket, well, almost everything. Trigger groups, barrels, bushings, etc, etc. The only thing Colt on them are the slide and receiver. Accurate and no malfunctions. I only have about 2000rnd through one since it was rebuilt (over 5,000rnd on the original parts). The wife's light Commander has less than 2000rnds. Father-in-law had one of the early National Match pistols and it was also very accurate and reliable with std ammo. He fired it in competition while he was in the Navy. No idea how many rounds went through it but he wore out the original barrel and was replaced with another GI National Match barrel. All are in .45

What do I shoot now? HK VP9. Yep, plastic, striker, wimpy 9mm.

I think Glocks are good pistols, I just don't like the shape and angle of the grip. I guess I could get used to it if I had to, but, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    When did you start molesting ballerinas??
    Only one or tutu........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Only one or tutu........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    That was really bad! LOL

Boolit Buddy
    The 1911 just feels right in my big hands. One range trip with a Glock always ends with a blister at the bottom of my trigger finger. My favorites list would be ; S&W N frame, S&W K frame, 1911, CZ75, then as a basic tool... a Glock 32. I have a Gold Cup with over 57,000 rounds through it and still going strong.

Boolit Master

A LW Commander in .45 ACP is my EDC and has been since 1980. I own several 1911 pistols.

It's really not fair to compare a $500 Glock to a $500 1911. The 1911 requires a lot more machining than a Glock. To be fair let's compare a $500 Glock to a new Colt or Springfield Armory. Another thing is that Glocks come from Glock. You don't have 100 different companies making Glock clones. If there were $250 Glock clones coming from Egypt I would guess they could be very problematic.

A standard 1911 that hasn't had the dimensions tweaked to make it tighter will run like a champ with the ammunition it was designed to use.
    NRA Benefactor.

This was my first 1911...every time I use the Kimber it makes me wish it felt like this one in my hand...nothing feels like a Commander.

Boolit Master
    Romanticize the 1911 all you want, call me names, insult anyone who disagrees with you, but facts are facts and it is inferior compared to more modern designs.
    Sorry, but a glock trigger will never compare to that of the 1911. And a 1911 just feels better in the hand, period. That said, I don't carry a 1911. In that regard a single stack Glock might be a better choice but I don't carry one of those either.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Meh. The Glock is superior to the 1911 in every way for most people. Lighter, more capacity, more reliable, more rugged, cheaper, easier to modify, multiple calibers in one platform, etc. etc. etc.

I carried the 1911 in the military. Then the M9. Both were inferior to the Glock.

Romanticize the 1911 all you want, call me names, insult anyone who disagrees with you, but facts are facts and it is inferior compared to more modern designs.
    This is like saying Apples are superior to Oranges & passing on as facts...

I started shooting glocks (G34) when I became active in IDPA despite owning several 1911s & classic Sigs for the sole reason of shooting SSP (standard pistol) division. SAOs like 1911s are considered ESP or CDP for .45acp & DA/SA Sigs are at a disadvantage over glock's "safe action". I also switched to M&P due to better grip devoid of the dreaded glock bite, also the grip angle is aligned with 1911s similar to my poly80 glocks, yes I even built my own glocks (17 & 19) too despite owning 3 factory ones (34, 22 & 19), so not a hater.
    The arguments of lighter (available in alloy & poly frames), more capacity (my double stack para carries standard 18 rds, 26 with ext), more reliable (there's a reason why open comps mostly shoot 1911s), more rugged (centuries-old platform that survived couple of world wars among other regional wars), cheaper (lot of cheaper clones nowadays, ie, RIA), easier to modify (seriously?), multiple calibers in one platform (.22LR, .22TCM, .380acp, 9mm, 38super, 357sig, 40SW, 10mm, 45acp, even .357mag & counting) don't quite fly.
    But when it comes to ergonomics, looks & history, can one argue that glocks are superior? How about unsupported chamber? all my glocks have after-market barrels for a reason.
    I love all my glocks, but I sleep with a bedside Sig TacOps 1911 lock & loaded with 45acp hydroshocks.
    My other 1911 pistols are STIs 9 & 45acp, Sig Nightmare in 357Sig with extra 38Super barrel, Springy 1911A1 45acp, Para Pro 18.9 & a beater RIA commander in 9mm which I built. Also sold a Ruger SR1911 commander which I regret to this day. I know, not enough 1911s...but hey, there's always room for improvement.

Boolit Master
    I love the 1911 platform. It's always seemed to just shoot well for me, and those big 45 caliber bullets are fun to play around with.

Here's mine with some giraffe bone on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    One of the fellas here in CB's made me two sets of those Ram's Horn grips a couple years back...he does fine work, can't recall his name...sorry.
    That was me, lol. I went by Jake70 back then. To make a long story short, I lost access to that account and the email attached to it because I thought letting the computer remember my info instead of writing it down somewhere was just fine back then... Yeah, don't do that.

Those grips look fantastic on your Kimber.
    Last edited by am44mag; 06-25-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-30 15.43.56.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	244128

Fanboy here, two more have been added since.
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master
    My Gold Cup purchased when they were $289 new still feels great in my hand and amazes with its accuracy. Not my first choice for a defensive pistol, but will be kept and cherished. Are there better defensive pistols? Maybe, but love and a 45, "One will kill you and one will keep you alive."

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    I love the 1911 platform. It's always seemed to just shoot well for me, and those big 45 caliber bullets are fun to play around with.

Here's mine with some giraffe bone on it.

That was me, lol. I went by Jake70 back then. To make a long story short, I lost access to that account and the email attached to it because I thought letting the computer remember my info instead of writing it down somewhere was just fine back then... Yeah, don't do that.

Those grips look fantastic on your Kimber.
    Thanks Jake...you made them Pard!

Are you still making grips?
    I sure have a hankering for a rugged looking set of stag....lil Kimber wants a change of clothes!

Contact me if you think you might?

PS...reload this picture, I'd like to see the Giraffe.

Boolit Master

I have a Kimber "Royal" that looks identical to OSOK's Kimber. Love it.

And one thing about a 1911, if the needs arises, you can always bust someone's skull with one, ala Wyatt Earp's "buffaloing" drunks before taking them in to jail.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I’ll keep my 1911’s, thank you. You can have all the butt ugly glocks. Haven’t bought one yet and don’t intend to. Oh, i’ve shot those of friends, but that changes nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast