Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Levergun value

Banned

Levergun value

Well has we all know the prices of firearm has hit record on low prices. Year and half ago you couldn't find a AR for less than a grand. Now I see them listed at $499.99 some major brands. But the price of a JM Marlin is hold its value very well. what do you think?

I think that all fads come & go (along with their costs), including the recent SWAT/Military wannabe love affairs; but good classics have always been a solid value, and will continue to be so.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

I agree but you still have to know what you are doing. Such as JM Marlins, Savage 99s, S&Ws
    ect. Some of these guns, due to changes in designs, materials ect are more desirable if they were
    made before any of these changes. A good example is a 94 Win. if it's a pre 64 it is worth a good
    bit more than newer models. Most of the companies products declined in quality before they were
    out of business. Seems like new owners of these companies cut quality for the bottom line, as
    Rem has done with Marlins.

Banned
    There are ARs and there are ARs. A quality AR still starts at a grand and goes up. A pot metal 94 is worth chump change, a 99% prewar one will also cost a grand.

Great guns are still made if you are willing to step up. My world is C&R guns. Why would anyone but a Rem 700, when for the same $ you can buy an FN Supreme from the 1950s ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	213660

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Pre 1900 single shots and pre 1964 modern firearms are commanding higher values based on condition and number produced. Modern firearms, the non common calibers are always listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values with an add 25 - 50% additional value.
    Regards
    John

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Pre 1900 single shots and pre 1964 modern firearms are commanding higher values based on condition and number produced. Modern firearms, the non common calibers are always listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values with an add 25 - 50% additional value.
    I agree 100% 41 mag is one of those modern caliber that hold great value in any firearm.