RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A lot more than a sharp stick.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Mini Revolver 22 short?
    Where I used to work, a guy came into work one morning with gauze up his nose and a Band-Aid across his nose.
    I asked him about it and he said some punk tried to rob him and shot him in the face with a 22 short mini revolver.
    He said that he beat the punk nearly to death and pocketed the gun when he left.
    He said when he got to the hospital, he blew his nose and the bullet came out, so, he figured the wound wasn't too bad, so he went home and stopped the bleeding and went to bed.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Where I used to work, a guy came into work one morning with gauze up his nose and a Band-Aid across his nose.
    I asked him about it and he said some punk tried to rob him and shot him in the face with a 22 short mini revolver.
    He said that he beat the punk nearly to death and pocketed the gun when he left.
    He said when he got to the hospital, he blew his nose and the bullet came out, so, he figured the wound wasn't too bad, so he went home and stopped the bleeding and went to bed.
    Interesting - had a friend show up at my place with one - same time the neighbors chickens showed up at my place - I was going to excuse myself and go in the house and get a 22 pistol and Alan said he had one and whipped it out and shot a chicken - it squawked and jumped but didn't fall over or run home but you could see dirt kick up the other side of the chicken on the next shot so I assumed it shot clean thru but I may be mistaken in that choice.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

I pocket carry either a S&W model 60. .38spl 5 shot, or a Kel-Tec PF9. 9 mm 7 shot.

When I belt carry (concealed) it is usually a S&W model 69. 2.75" barrel with .44 spl loads.
    Texas has concealed or open carry so I don't worry about it printing. And with a "pancake" holster and a good belt it rarely prints.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy
    I'm calling shenanigans on that one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by aarolar View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans on that one.
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    I'm only telling you what he told me. And he showed me the bullet.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    I'm only telling you what he told me. And he showed me the bullet.
    Ain't shooting nobody just an observation.

Banned

Sounds completely believeable to me
    A .22 short out of a NAA mini would have little energy

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Sounds completely believeable to me
    A .22 short out of a NAA mini would have little energy
    I completely believe he could get shot with a 22 short and be fine it's the part about blowing it out his nose that sounds fishy to me. I had a Astra Cub in high school and the 22 shorts would only go through one side of a cardboard Tide box at 10 steps. My gun dealers friend was shot twice in the arm and once in the face with a 380 during a mugging attempt and was still able to draw his 45 and make an attempt but couldn't aim for all the blood in his eyes but still scared the mugger off.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Interesting - had a friend show up at my place with one - same time the neighbors chickens showed up at my place - I was going to excuse myself and go in the house and get a 22 pistol and Alan said he had one and whipped it out and shot a chicken - it squawked and jumped but didn't fall over or run home but you could see dirt kick up the other side of the chicken on the next shot so I assumed it shot clean thru but I may be mistaken in that choice.
    So your friend shot a neighbors livestock???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12